Scenes From the Road-4 Nils Karlson Challenge -- Update

April 17th, 2019
APRIL 24 UPDATE.

Nils has set a personal deadline of May 5 to complete his review of the images. He was recently invited to another artist-in-residency in South America but cannot oblige due to work commitments. Who needs work?!. It's neat to see his getting so much recognition from around the world.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi all, I have been away in Italy for an extended trip, and upon returning dove into my images. I apologize for the delay in processing the challenge.

The imagery has been sent to Nils Karlson for judging. Given there were so many beautiful images and from the nature of this challenge, I have asked Nils to pick his top three and an overall winner, and we can expect a few words from Nils also.

The effort the community put into this challenge was great. I hope you all enjoyed experiencing Nils' way of seeing the world.

As soon as I receive Nils' response, I will post it here.

UPDATE FROM NILS

Hi Louis,

thanks for the images - I have had a first and a second peek so far, and there is some really lovely works among these! When do you need the decision and words? Just for me to know how long I can digest these =) I feel honored to be a part of this, and appreciate the images a lot!

Aside from this, the recent weeks were quite busy - I got images into several exhibitions in Portugal, Germany (2x), and Wales, and just got shortlisted for Espy Photo Awards (along with Robert Law from FSC) - oh, the prints for the exhibition JUST arrived =) Also, I am working on the cover and inlay for a tape release of the music Geoff Gersh recorded at the artist residency in Iceland. And the craziest of all: during the pinhole show in Heidelberg next weekend, I will photograph PEOPLE! Yes, I will try to break that barrier, because I have two long term series in mind, and need to make photos of people as a part of it. Well. we will see how (if) this turns out!

Are you already back in the US? I hope you enjoyed your stay in Italy =)

Sunny greetings and the very best wishes,
Nils

@walrus
April 17th, 2019
nice!
April 18th, 2019
So excited! You certainly added an interesting spin to this challenge.
April 19th, 2019
@farmreporter Glad you are enjoying it, it will be fun to hear from Nils. He has a wily sense of humor....
Write a Reply