"recent from all albums" ??

June 20th, 2019
"recent" or "latest" or whatever it said...

The section that usually appears just below the "View This Month" area has disappeared. I thought I saw it just earlier this morning. If not, then very recently. Has that been gotten rid of, does anyone know? Or just temporarily not visible? Or invisible to only me?? I like having that there because if I'm looking at someone's photo in their main album, I might see something beautiful/interesting there that I wouldn't have found if I had to go out to their other album to explore what is there.

Mary
June 20th, 2019
You mean "Latest From All Albums"? I still see it, both on my photos and when looking at somebody else's. I presume that it wouldn't show up if somebody only has 1 album, though. (Looking at "new faces" that appears to be the case)
June 20th, 2019
I have just had a look at yours, mine and a few others. It's missing from your first album, your third album is a bit weird, ( the way it's displayed, not your images.)
Mine appears all right on all the albums, but I have looked on some people with multiple albums. some of those appear to have " latest from all albums" missing from some albums but not all of them. Some people appear to have " latest from all albums" on all their albums !
Guessing it's some sort of IT glitch.
June 20th, 2019
@mcsiegle It is there on your other albums but not on your main one. Maybe it is just a glitch as Mark said. If it continues, drop Ross a line and he'll help.
June 20th, 2019
I could be wrong, but I think latest from all albums only shows up if there are more recent shots from other albums than the one you are looking at, if you know what I mean.
June 20th, 2019
@northy yes i think Northy is right
June 21st, 2019
@kali66 @northy @casablanca @markp @lsquared Thank you, all! That’s exactly right, Northy! I experimented by taking one I had posted today to a past date on my main 365 album, and changed it to tomorrow’s date on my Alternates album and there was the “latest from all albums” back again when I went back to my 365 album. I’ve been having such a hard time trying to fill my main album that I hadn’t put anything in the Alternates album. And my theme months album doesn’t go beyond Half and Half May. @markp you’re right that 3rd one would still look weird to you. It was originally called “month view” — an experiment I started long ago to see if I could devise an easier way to scan back through my months in search of specific images. I abandoned that idea but didn’t take the album down. A short while back I changed it to “experiments” and had been constructing something that I was keeping to myself until I was ready to share it — which I think Is about now, so soon I’ll change all the photos to “public” and delete & repost the last one so it will actually appear in my friends’ feed, Since I had a few of those parked on June dates while I played with May, they were still generating the “latest from...” section. But we’ve gone past those now. I guess I didn’t take a wide enough sampling before I posted this thread. Just noticed it on mine and then went to Richard Sayers’ album. Since he’s an ace and has more than one album, I figured I’d see that feature and didn’t. I guess he too hasn’t posted anything newer than what’s in the album I was looking at. Well, I like to learn at least one new thing each day. Guess I’m done for the day! Again, thanks all!
June 21st, 2019
@northy Oh well done, Northy! You're absolutely right, of course. How incredibly logical! Thanks for solving the mystery. @mcsiegle Well done! I learned something new too.
Write a Reply