Help needed: 12 mini series all part of a bigger picture.

July 21st, 2019
I thought I would ask you all for your assistance.

I am wanting to complete 12 small photographic projects, each one based around 28 to 31 photos - to fit into a calendar month.

I know that we have a number of monthly themes on 365 that I could join in with, but by the time I usually realise they are happening, they are a few days in. I am the kind of person who needs longer to think about what to photograph.

I have given this a lot of thought and I want the projects to be a series in their own right, but also part of a bigger collection. This is where I need your assistance please.

So my idea so far is to showcase my world over 12 months, with 12 mini series, that together showcase my world / life

I am thinking that the series would start something similar to this..

1. My house
2. My property (we live on 20 acres)
3. My street
4. My town
5. My Region (as I am rural)

That's where my ideas kind of faulter. I am hoping that you all might be able to give me some ideas for the other 6 months, or better set out the series altogether.

So as the mini projects grow so does the bigger picture.

I'd love to know what you think of this idea, what I could potentially do, I really want to have a game plan in my head and on paper before I start the project.

I look forward to all your thoughts and input.

Thanks in advance,

Keren
July 21st, 2019
What about native flora and/or fauna?
July 21st, 2019
Your hobbies
The weather.
July 21st, 2019
Your pets (if you have them)
Your vehicles
July 21st, 2019
How about Textures or
My Cooking (that would really push me, I hate it!)
July 21st, 2019
Portraits without people- describe the people you love in a photograph that features things they are passionate about, what they love to do- things like that.

12 hours of a typical day- one shot per hour as in 7 AM to 7 PM

In the kitchen
Favorite treasures, family heirlooms, memorabilia- with the stories that go along with them.

Something that you traditionally photograph in color photographed in black and white- maybe candids at a family gathering.

Yes, I tend to like the artsy approach! haha
July 21st, 2019
How about your favourite songs - like we do for the Song Title Challenge or Album Cover Challenge?
July 22nd, 2019
Place of worship neighbors vehicles (farm equipment?) Groups you belong to
July 22nd, 2019
as part of a self-potrait group, my suggestion is 30 days of self portrait, kind of like what @francoise did in 2016 diarizing her everyday life for a month with self portraits. https://365project.org/francoise/365/2016-09
July 22nd, 2019
i like the idea of mini-projects that gradually reveal a coherent, connected bigger picture. i might start off smaller, more macro, with more detail ... you could break the first categories down more, starting with your bed, then your bedroom, then the regular items that make up your daily routine (toothbrush, hairbrush, plate, shoes etc), then move onto the house, property etc ... will be interested to see how you go with this - good luck :)
July 22nd, 2019
@merrelyn @wendyfrost @spanishliz @fbailey @olivetreeann @farmreporter @jackies365 @summerfield @pistache Wow thank you all for your wonderful ideas. I have added them to my list and will work through them to see what works best for me. I truly appreciate the time and effort you all have given to this question. So many fabulous ideas. I have a feeling my 12 month project may just keep extending further and further out. I shall keep you updated as I make desisions and again, thank you all!
July 22nd, 2019
Add me, please!
July 23rd, 2019
Your animals! I know you have alpacas and sheep. And you must get some fab Aussie animals and birds, which I would love to see
July 23rd, 2019
There was a project a few years ago where we picked one location and took a month worth of photos of the same 'place'...VERY informative project BTW. Perhaps if you break down your home into smaller bits. I bet you a month of the kitchen could be really informative. (I did my month of my stereo cabinet...very challenging indeed. https://365project.org/houser934/projects/2017-03 Or if you start really really tiny in the kitchen...like a grain of rice and work your way back to a panorama of the whole room? ?? Whatever you work out, have fun!
July 23rd, 2019
My passed. Adding passed memories.
My Travels. Showing places you have been.
My wish list. Showing what you desire.
My bucket list. showing what you want to do in the future.
July 26th, 2019
@kimmer50 @yorkshirekiwi @houser934 @sugarmuser @merrelyn @wendyfrost @spanishliz @fbailey @olivetreeann @farmreporter @jackies365 @summerfield @pistache Again, Thank you all for your support and suggestions. I have added them all to this list I originally had, and now have an even bigger struggle to work out what I want to do and how I want it to look. The ideas that you have all given are fabulous and so much more than I had imagined. I would love to incorporate them all. But I have to choose. That way I am unlikely to get overwhelmed and throw it all in. I need to set ,myself up for success, so I know I need a plan and I need to stick to it.

I will however keep all the ideas for future use and who knows maybe in time I will be able to attempt them all.

I had wanted to have a plan in place so that I could start the mini series on the 1st of August this year, but I am now thinking I might have to push that out to the 1st of September - as I work towards a vision that speaks to me and hopefully will be enjoyed by others into the future.

Thank you all again. Now I also have to think of a name for this project.... easier said than done.

July 26th, 2019
Best of luck!!!
July 26th, 2019
Since you are focusing your project on "your world" why not something simple like, "Welcome to My World" or "Around My World in 365 Days"?
Write a Reply