Sony A6000 Mirroless Camera

August 17th, 2019
Anyone using or used the Sony A6000 mirroless camera? I'd like some advice.
August 17th, 2019
It is my primary camera. I have taken it on safari in Tanzania and all around town. It fits in my pocketbook. I bought the macro and telephoto lenses but general stick with the basic lens. I love it.
August 17th, 2019
I use one and love it. I am continuing to learn about its various functions. I go to the 'you tube' university to get help. The compact nature of it is nice. I also use old manual lenses on it (with adapters) with success. I have extension tubes and lensbaby lenses that I also use frequently. Happy to help if you have any questions along the way.
August 17th, 2019
@allie912 thank you. @joysabin I will take you up on your offer. I am also viewing youtube for help and i bought a class from creative live. I used Nikon for a long time. My go it was Nikon D7000. I'm not loving the sony yet but its because i have to learn how to use it. So many options. I started with film using a Pentax manual, b/w. Life seem so simple back then. I am shooting on manual so that I can learn how to photograph without a lot of editing.
August 17th, 2019
@lspriggs51 Good for you about shooting film. I started there and do shoot film some, need to more. I just discovered the focus magnifying option on the Sony - wow what a difference it makes for crispness with manual focus. I set my center button for it and am getting used to it. My learning curve is on going - :):)
August 17th, 2019
@lspriggs51

I love my Sony a6000, have short, medium, long zoom lenses plus 30mm macro lens and 1.8 portrait lens. I could go on and on but will just say I cannot imagine wanting a different camera. My 365 shots are taken with it.
August 18th, 2019
I use one as well. But I mainly only use a prime 1.8/24 mm.
August 18th, 2019
Love the light weight. Took a while for me to warm to the new camera but I wouldn't go back now. The lenses are fast and sharp. Just be careful changing lenses, they do attract more dust to the sensor.
August 18th, 2019
@joysabin I am shooting on manual mode and manual focus. Its a struggle. I don't understand how to use the magnifying option. Maybe you can explan. I have tried to youtube it but haven't found anyone who can explain it well. I may just have to continue practicing.
August 19th, 2019
@lspriggs51 Okay, I hope I get this right. Open menu, go to the settings sub-menu, it looks like a round gear, then page 6 and look for 'custom key settings, press center button off to the right of screen. Another sub menu will open and allow you to choose from various buttons on the camera, I chose 'custom button 1, and clicked on focus magnifier. I then pressed menu again and scrolled down to the gear icon, page 1 (3rd option down page 1) Focus Magnif time set it to no limit. My center button on the wheel is now my focus magnifier. Here is a link to a you-tuber that I find very helpful when explaining in easy terms the A6000 stuff ( http://www.that1cameraguy.com/blog/2017/7/15/sony-a6000-tutorial-my-custom-function-options-settings )
August 19th, 2019
@joysabin thanks for taking the time to explain. I really appreciate the help.
Write a Reply