NEW - Eye Of The Beholder Challenge #113

October 19th, 2019
Thanks to Etienne @etienne for running the EOTB112 Challenge. Thanks to everybody who voted for my entry. It's my turn to host the next round!

The EOTB (eye of the beholder) challenge is to capture something most people would not consider to be beautiful or interesting, and to find a way to portray it so that it comes across differently and aesthetically pleasing. This is a wonderful opportunity to challenge yourself in giving recognition to something that seems just ordinary or plain.

You can achieve this any way you wish but remember it is not an post-processing or editing (ETSOOI) challenge so a bit of editing is okay, but please do not overdo it. This is a great challenge to help with composition and lighting skills. The way you compose the shot or the way you use light will bring out the beauty of your subject. It will also help you look at your surroundings differently.

There is no specific item or theme for this challenge, but you will want to find a subject that if people were watching you taking the shot, they would be wondering what on earth has possessed you to photograph something which seems so ordinarily, plain, bland, boring, ugly, etc.

Timing details :
Start : Monday October 14th (backdated to the end of eotb112)
End : Saturday November 9th (3 weeks from today).
Please tag your image eotb113.

Images can be found here : Eye Of The Beholder 113
https://365project.org/tags/eotb113

Your entries must be taken and posted during these dates. After the end date, finalists will be short-listed and voting will commence. The photographer with the most votes will get the honour to host the next EOTB challenge.

You are welcome to share your entries to this thread to give others inspiration and keep it visible in the discussion feed.

Even if you have never participated to this challenge, please give it a go, it is a lot of fun to observe beauty in the common and in the ordinary. We are all looking forward to seeing your marvelous entries.
October 20th, 2019
My favorite challenge! So glad it’s still running,It’s good to be back.
October 20th, 2019
@mzzhope
So I was looking at this challenge but think I must need a camera to do it since it mentions editing the photos. Is that right?
October 20th, 2019
@mzzhope Welcome back!
@jb030958 Welcome to 365project!! You should be fine. While we note a bit of editing is okay,, none is certainly acceptable.The point here is to keep any editing to a minimum. That said, you can edit photos here, you'll see an "edit photo" link under Photo Details after you upload. I have an Ap on iPhone that I use often. But Straight-Out-Of_Camera is certainly fine!

October 20th, 2019
@jb030958 No. You are good! it’s actually better not to edit.:)
October 21st, 2019
@lsquared
Hi and thanks for the welcome and the info. I thinkI'll try it! How do I get the photo into the challenge? Do I just have to put eotb#113 when I upload?
October 31st, 2019
We're over 1/2 way through this edition of the challenge, plenty of time to get your entries in!!
November 10th, 2019
EOTB-113 is closed for entries. Thanks to all who entered, and stay tuned for finalist announcement.
Write a Reply