M I N I M A L challenge 5

October 19th, 2019
Thank you to those who participated in the previous minimal challenge. Thanks to Diane for hosting. I appreciate the votes for my minimal shadow photo. On to challenge #5.

The minimalist challenge starting today is the fifth one of the revamped generation. It is thus generic and open to ALL minimalist entries. The suggested optional theme is “geometric"; this theme is not mandatory but can be used as a source for ideas and inspiration. I think this is a pretty classic minimal subject in photography. Use your imagination and post early!

The challenge begins today, October 19, and is open for entries until Friday, November 1, 2019, until midnight in your time zone. Shots must be taken within this time frame. Voting will take place shortly after. The winner will then host the next round and will also propose an optional theme.

tag = minimal-05

Current entries can be seen at https://365project.org/tags/minimal-05

Here is the record of the suggested optional themes for the minimalist challenge so far :
1 - Edge
2 - Curves
3 - Repetition
4 - Shadows
5 - Geometric

Regarding minimalist photography:

Many definitions & examples of minimalist photography are out there to consider. Here is a guideline : minimalism is indeed the art of less. As a life philosophy, minimalists focus on a few essential elements of life and cast unnecessary things aside. Same pretty much goes for this photography style.
Minimalism is a style employed by many 20th Century artists, using a minimum amount of components such as color, shape, line and texture to emphasize the subject matter. If you’d like some tips or to see some examples check out: https://digital-photography-school.com/minimalist-photography-4-tips-to-keep-it-simple-with-a-maximum-impact/

Keep effects and processing to a minimum also.

I hope you will enjoy this challenge. Looking forward to seeing your entries and hoping some newbies will join in too! for hosting the second minimalism challenge of the new generation.
October 20th, 2019
I am excited to try this.
October 20th, 2019
@mzzhope great! Look forward to seeing your images!
Write a Reply