Lens Question...to zoom or not to zoom

October 22nd, 2019
Hello, I use the Nikon d750, and have two prime lenses, a 50mm and an 85mm. I primarily shoot portraits and love my lenses. I'd like to be able to add more background, and work on a more "atmospheric" portrait, if that's the right term. I am thinking of adding the 24-70mm/2.8. On the other hand, maybe that's not the right choice. Maybe a 24mm prime. Would that be useless for a portrait? All input is welcomed!
October 23rd, 2019
Are you familiar with Helen Whittle's work? She does child portraiture. Her instagram is helenwhittlephotography. She and April Milani have a course they do together, and even though I do not do portraits, I did take the course as I love their work. Anyway, her favorite lens is the 24-70mm 2.8. If you go and look at her work that might give you an idea of the potential for this lens. Good luck!

Oh! Found this article about her you might like. She mentions her lens and camera, also the Nikon D750, like you!
https://childphotocompetition.com/interview-with-helen-whittle/
October 23rd, 2019
@aecasey Hi April - I've heard about her course .. and also follow on Insta.. but i've not looked into it. Sounds like a great recommendation
October 23rd, 2019
I liked the versatility of the 24-70. mine however seems to have stopped focusing so has not been used for a while. I'm afraid of the expense repairs might cost. mine is a sigma not a nikon.
Write a Reply