Composite 22 Starts Today 🌳🌴🌲

November 9th, 2019
Special thanks to @northy for hosting and many thanks to all who participated and voted in the Halloween Composite Challenge, I was thrilled you liked my Freaky Frenchie

The new challenge starts today and I have chosen the topic of Trees. I think this gives plenty of scope, be it an enchanted forest, a not so deserted desert island or you could give the poor single lonely tree some company. The choice is yours, that's the fun of a composite, anything goes!

The instructions as set out in previous challenges:

A composite photograph is one that is made up of several photographs or pieces of photographs which have been merged or layered together. It can also include textures and effects that have been applied to the picture as well. Composite photography gives you a lot of room for creativity and ingenuity as you manufacture photos composed of elements that might not necessarily be found together in reality but somehow they seem completely at home with one another in the picture. Some composites take related photos and merge them together to form a whole new picture. It's totally up to the photographer as to what they want to portray and how they'll portray it.

For our composite challenge here on 365 you must use at least one picture that is completely yours but you can blend in other images, such as stock images, if you so choose. Just keep in mind that should you use an image that is not yours it should be licensed as free to use for any purpose.

You are very welcome to enter as many times as you wish but only one entry from any contestant may be chosen as a finalist.

Composite themes so far:

# 1 Love
# 2 Moon
# 3 Shoes, Sandals and Feet
# 4 Fruit and Vegetable
# 5 Animals
# 6 Big and Small / Huge and Tiny
# 7 Place and Space
# 8 It's Just My Imagination
# 9 Water
# 10 Surrealism
# 11 Darkness
# 12 Just Priceless
#13 Birds
#14 A Strange Encounter
#15 Sweet
#16 Fantasy
#17 Transport
#18 Power
#19 School Days
#20 My Favourite Season
#21 Hallowe'en
#22 Trees (current)

And lastly – it would be great if you could post some of your images to this post as well as the tag page. It will give us inspiration and it will keep the thread alive. To do that, right click on the arrow below your picture and then highlight the info in the message box by left clicking it with your mouse. Select copy and then right click paste in the comment box below.

Composite 22
Start: 9th November
Ends 30th November

Tag: Composite22

I can't wait to see what you come up with, have fun!
November 9th, 2019
Northy or anyone who can answer my question. Our trees are almost all bare of leaves, may I take pictures of trees from October to show the autumn beauty. Thank you.
November 9th, 2019
@bruni Hi Bruni, as far as I'm aware there is no limit to when you took the pictures that you incorporate in this challenge, so your earlier shots will be fine
November 9th, 2019
@suzanne234 Great theme for this challenge- looking forward to trying things.
November 9th, 2019
@joysabin That would be fab, I look forward to seeing what you come up with
November 10th, 2019
Here's my attempt
November 10th, 2019
A view through the Rainbow Tunnel - Don Valley Moccasin
Trail - City of Toronto, CA.
November 11th, 2019
@yorkshirekiwi Oh that's cool! fab composite
November 11th, 2019
@bruni Lovely shot, such pretty colours
November 11th, 2019
here's another one... the trees are rather incidental, but it's kinda your fault (in the best of all possible ways) cause this came out of the discussion on the other thread about tying a bike to the moon ;p

November 12th, 2019
Here’s mine

November 25th, 2019
Write a Reply