sprinkle a little magic for composite 23

December 9th, 2019
many thanks indeed to suzanne @suzanne234 for hosting the last round of the composite challenge, and to all those who voted for my tree image. i'm absolutely thrilled to win, and look forward very much to another round of this challenge, which is fast becoming one of my favourites

i have chosen the theme of magic for composite 23, inspired by this quote from roald dahl:

"and above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. those who don't believe in magic will never find it"

use the quote if it sparks anything creative for you, think about secrets, focus on magic - spells, wizards, sorcerers, wands, charms, touchstones ... anything that comes into your mind around this theme

The instructions as set out in previous challenges:

A composite photograph is one that is made up of several photographs or pieces of photographs which have been merged or layered together. It can also include textures and effects that have been applied to the picture as well. Composite photography gives you a lot of room for creativity and ingenuity as you manufacture photos composed of elements that might not necessarily be found together in reality but somehow they seem completely at home with one another in the picture. Some composites take related photos and merge them together to form a whole new picture. It's totally up to the photographer as to what they want to portray and how they'll portray it.

For our composite challenge here on 365 you must use at least one picture that is completely yours but you can blend in other images, such as stock images, if you so choose. Just keep in mind that should you use an image that is not yours it should be licensed as free to use for any purpose.

You are very welcome to enter as many times as you wish but only one entry from any contestant may be chosen as a finalist.

Composite themes so far:

# 1 Love
# 2 Moon
# 3 Shoes, Sandals and Feet
# 4 Fruit and Vegetable
# 5 Animals
# 6 Big and Small / Huge and Tiny
# 7 Place and Space
# 8 It's Just My Imagination
# 9 Water
# 10 Surrealism
# 11 Darkness
# 12 Just Priceless
#13 Birds
#14 A Strange Encounter
#15 Sweet
#16 Fantasy
#17 Transport
#18 Power
#19 School Days
#20 My Favourite Season
#21 Hallowe'en
#22 Trees
#23 Magic (current)

And lastly – it would be great if you could post some of your images to this post as well as the tag page. It will give us inspiration and it will keep the thread alive. To do that, right click on the arrow below your picture and then highlight the info in the message box by left clicking it with your mouse. Select copy and then right click paste in the comment box below.

Start: 9 december 2019
End: midnight gmt 9 january 2020

Tag: composite23

this gives four weeks to accommodate the busyness we're likely to be feeling over the festive period ... really hope you enjoy the theme, and let your imagination run free :) i can't wait to see what you come up with ...
December 9th, 2019
here's a first attempt from me, using a favourite christmas tree decoration, a bokeh texture, some flowers from the garden and a landscape i took up a local hill a while back, because i liked the typhoon cloud

December 10th, 2019
Ooooo- sounds fun!!
December 11th, 2019
Goodness, I shall try to have a go. A fun theme!
December 11th, 2019
Here's one using an image from last week and last summer. Not sure if it counts as 'magic' but was fun to try. Photo taken outside the date span but was inspired by your challenge/theme:
December 12th, 2019
Oh I can't wait to have a go at this one!
December 12th, 2019
@olivetreeann @rosiekerr @not_left_handed thank you ann, rosie and dawn louise - looking forward to your entries :)
@taffy so enjoyably whimsical, taffy :)
December 14th, 2019
Here is one:

December 15th, 2019
@rosiekerr gorrrrrrrgeous!
January 9th, 2020
My son showing off his magic skills!
January 9th, 2020
@pistache how do I load my image?
January 9th, 2020
/Users/robynharold/Desktop/RyanHP.jpg
Write a Reply