---eye of the beholder 116---

January 20th, 2020
many thanks to hope @mzzhope for hosting the latest round of this wonderful challenge, and to anyone who voted for my lawn bowls tags. this is one of my favourite challenges on 365 so i'm delighted to be hosting the next round ... also, i hope that some of the people who joined the site this month might consider having a go. the first eotb shot i took on 365 was a macro of the pile of dust and bits that i had collected together after sweeping the kitchen floor ... to me, it was beautiful :)

“Creativity is piercing the mundane to find the marvelous.”-Bill Moyers

Jeff Walker, who started this challenge quoted Margaret Wolfe Hungerford (who is credited with coining the phrase in 1878) "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

The aim of this challenge is to capture something most people would not consider to be beautiful or interesting and find a way to portray it so that it comes across differently and aesthetically. Transform the ugly into something full of wonder!

You can achieve it any way you wish.

This is a great challenge to help with composition and lighting skills. The way you compose the shot or the way you use light will usually bring out the beauty of your subject. It will also help you look at your surroundings differently. It is not a matter of finding something to photograph, but finding a way to photograph something that makes photographing it worthwhile.

There is no specific item or theme for this challenge, but the subject you photograph has to be something that, if people were watching you taking the shot, they would be wondering what on earth has possessed you to photograph something which seems so ordinarily, plain, bland, boring, ugly, etc.

The challenge starts : 16 january (the date the voting for the last round began)
The challenge ends: 3 february

Your photos must be taken during this time frame.

Tag: EOTB116

https://365project.org/tags/eotb116

Consider posting your shots to this thread to inspire others.

Have fun!
January 20th, 2020
Write a Reply