Welcome to Song Title #62

April 7th, 2020
A big thank you to @lsquared for hosting Song Title #61. Also thank you to all who participated, and who voted for my image "I want to break free".

So, time for Song Title #62...

The challenge is to take a photo that fits appropriately as the title of a song. Pick a song, any song you like. Find the song on youtube and paste the link to the song with your photo so that we can all have a listen.

The only real rule is that previous winning song title (I want to break free - the Queen) will not be judged.

Start date: April 5, 2020 (backdated to end of last round)
End date: April 30, 2020
Please tag your entries: songtitle-62

All entries must have been taken between these dates to qualify for the voting. I have backdated so that you can still enter a great photo you had uploaded while judging of #60 was happening.

It's great if you post your entries to this thread (as comments) to keep the thread alive and to serve as inspiration to others.

You see current entries here:
songtitle-62

Looking forward to your photo entries!
April 8th, 2020
You know why I don’t feel like joining this challenge? Because whenever I’ve matched a great song with an image, the song was on this list above. That’s what is restraining me. What’s the problem of using the same song more often? I think images of the same (used) song may ad some extra’s. What do you think? It’s your challenge now, so your rules ;)
April 8th, 2020
Hey @stimuloog, guess you have a point here. My copy/paste of the rules was out of laziness, but motion approved! There you go
April 8th, 2020
@stefanotrezzi Haha, great :) I think that’s great for the creativity flow ;)
Thanx!
April 8th, 2020
I like trying to come up with new songs, and trying avoid the same songs over and over. That said, the list of used songs is now over 5 dozen long,which can certainly be constraining.

Bottom line: dropping the restriction doesn't bother me. Not that my opinion carries any particular weight!

April 8th, 2020
@stefanotrezzi @lsquared Sometimes I hear a song and think of a suiting image and sometimes I have an image that relates spontaneous to a song. That’s all :)
April 9th, 2020
🎶Baby take your teeth out🎶
April 9th, 2020
I think using songs not on the list only adds to the challenge. That is why they call it a challenge!!
I think that some songs would get used over and over and over if we allowed them to be used more than once.
Besides - it introduces us to new songs and brings back memories of older songs long forgotten.
April 9th, 2020
JMHO I liked that you had to think outside the list, I'd hate to see the same songs represented all the time. anyhoo
April 14th, 2020
@farmreporter @koalagardens true, but also a 60-long list covering 5 years is too much, I am sure nobody remembers which songs won in 2015. Maybe a more reasonable choice would be to list the last 12 winners.
Anway, will leave the hard choice to the host of next competition :)
Write a Reply