The Next Macro Challenge is Up and Running!

May 28th, 2020
Many thanks to Mark Prince @markp for hosting the last macro challenge and a round of thanks to all those who voted for my eggshell shot. Much appreciated! Choosing our next subject was a lot harder than I expected but after reviewing the previous topics and taking into consideration that some of us still have limited mobility I finally settled on POSTAGE STAMPS. I’m hoping this is a broad enough subject with many creative ways to capture them. While they are rapidly becoming a thing of the past thanks to email and text messaging, I think they are still worthy of a photographic eye!

Macro photography is extreme close-up photography, usually of very small subjects and living organisms like insects, in which the size of the subject in the photograph is greater than life size. Stamps fit right into this definition. Whether you’re shooting new ones or old ones the details are fascinating when the camera reveals them.

Past subjects included: brushes, bubbles, bugs, buttons, candy, car, Christmas decorations, Christmas table settings, coins, color, crafts, cutlery, drinking straws, Easter, eye, feather, flowers (2x), food, food packaging, fruit, game pieces, glass, hands, herbs/spices, jewelry, key, knobs, leaf, metal, money, motion, motion, music (2x), plumbing, rust, seeds, shells, shoes, stationary, stone, St. Patrick’s Day, textures, time, tools, toys, water drops, wood, cups, personal bathroom, technology, kitchen universe, mundane, guess, nuts, decay and morning.

Macro shots don’t necessarily have to be taken with a macro lens- any photo that makes small objects look larger than life can be considered a macro. So hunt down some stamps and start shooting!

This round of the macro challenge will run from May 28, 2020 to June 19, 2020.
Tag your pictures: Macro-stamps

I will select the finalists after the 19th and post them for your votes shortly thereafter. I’m looking forward to the creative images you’re going to come up with!

Ann LeFevre
@Olivetreeann

May 29th, 2020
Good one Ann!
May 29th, 2020
Awesome and Happy Bday to you,Ann💐💐💐
May 29th, 2020
@olivetreeann your Birthday? Hope it is a wonderful one :)
May 29th, 2020
@mzzhope Thanks Hope!
@joemuli Thanks Joe!
@annied Thanks Annie- yes, the 28th and it was!
Write a Reply