New Mundane Challenge: Wires

August 1st, 2020
Apologies for the tardy response; I certainly wasn't expecting this!

Thank you Shook @shookchung for hosting the last mundane challenge: pattern. As this was my first 365 Project challenge, I am grateful to be among such a welcoming and supportive bunch of people - thanks to all who participated and voted! I'm honored to host the next Mundane Challenge.

*** Mundane Challenge: Wires
*** Start: Saturday, August 1, 2020
*** End: Saturday, August 22, 2020
*** Voting Duration: August 24 - 28, 2020

Winner will be announced on Saturday, August 29, 2020.

Tag for the challenge: mundane-wires
View the entries for this challenge here:
https://365project.org/tags/mundane-wires

You can tag as many photos as you like.

Seek to find interest in the ordinary!
Mundane - lacking interest or excitement; dull. Everyday life and its repetition often associated with the mundane.

New theme: wires - as in those used for conducting electric current. Feel free to use different photographic techniques, but wires should clearly stand out as the mundane object you are capturing. (Wires need not be on a utility pole.)

The theme is a throwback to the first time @shookchung encouraged me to try and take a photo each day about 10 years ago. I have always been fascinated by the silhouette of wires on utility poles - especially against the background of a rising or setting sun. This challenge is an homage to those who continually encourage and inspire me - thank you!

Here is the list of previous topics:

[B] ballpoint pen, banana, bar of soap, battery, beds, bench, bench, biscuits, blinds, books, bottle tops, bottle, box, bread, brick(s) broom, bubbles, buckle, button

[C] camera, can-opener, candles, cardboard, chain, chair, cheese grater, clock,
clothes peg/pin, coffee, coin, cord/wire, corkscrew, cup/mug, curtain, cutlery

[D] door handle

[E] egg(s), elastic (rubber) band, electric plug, envelopes

[F] fence, flip flops, frying pan

[G] garlic, gate, gears, glass, glasses

[H] hair comb, hammer, hanger, hat, hex key, hinge, hose-pipe, human ear

[I] ice, index finger, iron

[J] jar

[K] key, keyboard, knob

[L] lampshade, language, leaf, lens, light bulb, light-switch, lock/locks

[M] magazine, mail, mailbox, match, mirror, mobile phone, mouse (non-furry),

[N] nail, notebook, nut (hardware)

[P] paintbrush/es, paper clip, paper cup, paper, pasta, pencil, pill, pillow, plastic bag, plate, playing cards, power pole, pumpkin, pattern

[R] rake, road markings, road signs, rock, rocks, rubber, ruler

[S] salt and pepper, salt, scissors, screw, screwdriver, seed(s), shoe, shoelaces, soap, sock, spatula, sponge, stairs, strainer, sweets/candy

[T] tack, tap (faucet), tea bag, thermometer, thread, tin can, tire/tyre, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpick, towel, twist tie

[U] umbrella

[V] vegetable(s), veggie peeler,

[W] wastepaper-basket, watch, wheel, window

[Z] zipper
September 4th, 2020
@nicolecruz did I miss the finalists / voting for this?
September 5th, 2020
@lsquared Thank you for the message - I'm going through the submissions now and will post the finalists for voting shortly.
n
Write a Reply