Weekly Top 20 question

September 19th, 2020
Perhaps this has been addressed already, but I don't see a discussion so I'm asking...

I just have a question about the Weekly Top 20. Just what is it that determines which images make the list? I have noticed a number of images from folks that have more faves and/or comments than the ones that make the Top 20 and I'm just curious if it's a personal choice by Ross or...??

No biggie, just curious!
September 19th, 2020
I wonder that too, and probably more so with the curated page. I'm just excited to see one of mine on the top twenty this week. Only the 3rd time in 4 years. Thanks everyone who fav'd it!
September 19th, 2020
Its the Magic Monkeys I believe
September 19th, 2020
I agree, it would be good to have clarification on this.
September 19th, 2020
Its been discussed in the past I believe its based on views,comments and favs. i may be wrong but i believe if you fave an image in your feed without clicking in on it it doesn't count as a view.
September 19th, 2020
@rjb71 But that’s just it. I’ve noticed images with more views, comments and faves than those that make the Top 20 so was just curious if it’s random like the Pop Page or what.
September 19th, 2020
@aikiuser I believe it's also linked to the cut off point. Theres a whole thread on it somewhere but it used to be a Wednesday therfore if you post an image on Thursday it has far more chance than an image posted on Tuesday if you see what I mean.
September 19th, 2020
Top 20 are those images with most faves over a 7 day period. I think it’s Wednesday to Tuesday. So if you post a shot that gets a bunch of faves but straddles the cut-off, you might not get in the top 20. For example, post a shot on Saturday that gets 30 faves by Tuesday - you have a good chance of making top 20. Post the same shot on Monday and get 15 faves before cut off and 15 faves after and you are less likely to get on top 20. At least I think that’s how it works.
September 19th, 2020
@northy I think your explanation is close to how it happens - it is based on timing as well as numbers
September 19th, 2020
@northy didnt know that. sometimes i had wondered when some of my images ended up there, when i didnt think they were going tp get quite the attention they did. Also cant figure out the most popular personal images list, doesnt seem to be a simple tally of comments and favs but timing might play a part in that also, how quickly they were accumulated.
September 21st, 2020
@30pics4jackiesdiamond Thank you, that was quite informative. Looks like if the date taken rather than posted is important. I appreciate the info!
September 21st, 2020
Nice explanation by @northy and Jackie. It does seem to be the same people over and over (not that their photos don't deserve it!) so I believe it's how many followers you have as well - the more you're seen, the better odds are of getting there. I always love looking at the photos for sure and am always truly amazed by them.
January 2nd, 2021
Where do you view the weekly top twenty?
January 2nd, 2021
@randystreat It's under the "Blogged" header at the right side of the Discussions pages. :-)
Write a Reply