Home Page Feed - Displaying Photos Incorrectly

April 14th, 2021
Hi all

Anybody notice that the home page feed is displaying photos incorrectly , it appears to be cropping off some of the right hand side

This appears to be an issue my desktop browser (firefox) rather than my smartphone (android)

Anybody else getting this issue
April 14th, 2021
Just happened to me a minute ago
April 14th, 2021
Yes, it's been happening for about the last 15 minutes - glad to see it's not just my computer!
April 14th, 2021
yep...happening to me too on my laptop
April 14th, 2021
I just noticed it as well and feel it will be a temporary glitch if we have patience. Ross @scrivna is really good at fixing these types of issues. If you open the picture it is all there. Only in the feed is it cropped
April 14th, 2021
Yes, I've had this happen on and off for the past several months.
April 14th, 2021
It happened with the picture I just posted. The right half is cropped off on the home feed.
April 14th, 2021
Yes occasionally on my Mac book
April 14th, 2021
I noticed it today too, on my desktop pc.
April 14th, 2021
It always has done on my iMac, I thought it was way to make you actually click on the image to see it correctly.
Although my screen is set at maximum size.
April 14th, 2021
I noticed it yesterday.
April 14th, 2021
I started noticing it yesterday.
April 14th, 2021
@phil_howcroft Yes I have it on my pc too, rather annoying as one has to click on every one.
April 14th, 2021
Yes! It was doing that yesterday as well
April 14th, 2021
I am having the same issue.
April 14th, 2021
Been happening to me for the past two days. I thought it was something Ross was trying out. Doesn't seem to happen to vertical shots - only horizontals.
April 15th, 2021
??? i feel like this has been happening forever... on my laptop it's not awful, only a small part of the right hand side is cut off... but i noticed this quite some time ago... i haven't noticed anything new...
April 15th, 2021
Just noticed it yesterday and it's happening again tonight.
April 15th, 2021
Since day 1, I had been taking photos in portrait mode. Until recently, I decided to start taking landscape mode. I just noticed the cropping display issue yesterday. Now it's really bugging me. I am glad to learn that it wasn't just happened to me. :-)
April 15th, 2021
Yes - it chopped a turtle in half and Junko's @jyokota lovely flying bird had no head!
April 15th, 2021
Yes, this is happening with the most recent photos I posted. One was of a whitetail deer running away, but I changed it out with another photo because, in the News Feed, all that could be seen was the bushes. Had to click on it to open fully before the deer could be seen. :-(
April 16th, 2021
It is happening to my pictures as well.
April 16th, 2021
It's been happening for about a week with my feed :(
April 16th, 2021
April 16th, 2021
Hey guys, thanks for letting me know, this isn't something I've ever seen, so sorry you're experiencing this, I'll try and reproduce the issue and get it fixed!
April 16th, 2021
I've tried all my computers and browsers it's working exactly as i'd expect it to, no cropping - I'm so confused! Could someone do me a favour and send me a screenshot of how it's appearing on your screen please. You can email it to ross@365project.org
April 17th, 2021
@Scrivna ross it crops at zoom levels of 100% and 90% on firefox , Zoom level of 80% is OK
April 17th, 2021
Hey guys, apologies for those of you who have been seeing this for a long time, I had no idea this was a problem!

Turns out it's a bug for non-retina screens, I'm using a high DPI screen and a 4K monitor plus my smartphone all have high definition screens, so I had never noticed this. I just dug out an old laptop with a non-retina screen and yep... same thing as all of you.

It was a very simple fix and you should all see the photos in your feed displaying correctly now (if not, do a browser refresh).
I apologise this has been an issue for so long, I wish I'd known about it sooner!

Let me know about any other issues you face, i'm always available at ross@365project.org

@phil_howcroft @etienne @gilbertwood @mittens @bjywamer @robz @shookchung @rickster549 @northy @marlboromaam @not_left_handed @ludwigsdiana @genealogygenie @mtaylor @markp @spanishliz @elatedpixie @milaniet @linnypinny @annied @grammyn @taffy @chejja
April 17th, 2021
@Scrivna You are the best and I knew you would fix it for us! Thanks for taking such good care of us!
April 17th, 2021
@Scrivna Thanks for solving the problem and letting us know. We appreciate you!
April 17th, 2021
Thanks Ross :)
April 17th, 2021
@Scrivna Thanks so much! Displaying just fine now!
April 17th, 2021
Working like a dream now, thanks so much :-)
April 17th, 2021
@Scrivna Thank you so much!
April 17th, 2021
@Scrivna All fixed - thanks so much for your time, care and expertise. You are marvellous and the 365 project is such a credit to you. It brings so much joy to so many people. :)
April 17th, 2021
@Scrivna you are wonderful - thank you for all the work you do to keep us connected :)
April 17th, 2021
Thank you Ross!!
April 17th, 2021
@Scrivna Working as well as it did before. Thank you, Ross!
April 17th, 2021
Thank you so much Ross.
Write a Reply