Composite Challenge needs more entries

May 18th, 2021
The theme for this month's Composite Challenge is "Under the Sea." There are two great entries, but we need a whole lot more. Please, see the information below and think about giving it a go.

After a good deal of thought, I've decided that the new composite challenge will be "Under the Sea." What mysteries lurk below the surface? Fantastic creatures? Ruins of ancient cities? Something imaginative and totally impossible in the world of reality? Dive right in and give us a look at what exists in your imagination. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

A composite photograph is one that is made up of several photographs or pieces of photographs which have been merged or layered together. It can also include textures and effects that have been applied to the picture as well. Composite photography gives you a lot of room for creativity and ingenuity as you manufacture photos composed of elements that might not necessarily be found together in reality but somehow they seem completely at home with one another in the picture. Some composites take related photos and merge them together to form a whole new picture. It's totally up to the photographer as to what they want to portray and how they portray it.

There are many, many free tutorials online, ranging from beginners' advice about selecting and masking and layers, to more advanced techniques. According to one of our prior composite hosts, one good place to start might be phlearn.com's '30 Days of Photoshop'. I haven't tried that myself but there’s other avenues online to look at, even if you don’t have photoshop (like myself).

For the composite challenge here on 365 you must use at least one picture that is completely yours but you can blend in other images, such as stock images, if you so choose. Just keep in mind that should you use an image that is not yours it should be licensed as free to use for any purpose.

You are very welcome to enter as many times as you wish but only one entry from any contestant may be chosen as a finalist.

The challenge details:
Start date: Wednesday, May 5, 2021
End date: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 in your respective time zones
Tag: composite36

See entries here: https://365project.org/tags/composite36

You are encouraged to post your entries to the comments on this thread to keep this thread current, and to inspire other 365ers to join.

I look forward to seeing your entries!
May 18th, 2021
yeah I tagged mine before you announced the theme ...
May 20th, 2021
I have a tacky attempt I'll upload tomorrow. It will certainly set the better ones off. =)
May 20th, 2021
@marlboromaam Thank you. All entries welcome and appreciated.
Write a Reply