Mundane Plastic Wrap

June 18th, 2021
Thank you to @cdcook48 for hosting the Mundane-Crayon challenge, to all who entered and all who voted.

This is one of my favourite challenges - I find trying to think of interesting ways to shoot what may otherwise be rather boring objects really helps to get the creative juices going! I was thrilled to have won the last challenge!

That said - I've been kinda stumped trying to come up with a new subject! In the end I settled on plastic wrap. I'm pretty sure we have done this before, but i didn't see it on the list and couldn't find it in a tag search.

I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!

All entries should be taken between the start and end dates and tagged
mundane-plasticwrap

- Mundane subject - plastic wrap
- Start Date - June 18 2021
- End Date - July 16, 2021

You can view entries for this challenge here:
https://365project.org/tags/mundane-plasticwrap

Past mundane challenges:-

A] aluminum foil, apple
[B] ballpoint pen, banana, bar of soap, battery, beds, bench, bench, biscuits, blinds, books, bottle tops, bottle, box, bread, brick(s) broom, bubbles, buckle, button
[C] camera, can-opener, candles, cardboard, chain, chocolate
clothes peg/pin, coffee, coin, cord/wire, corkscrew, crayon, cup/mug, curtain, cutlery,
[D] door handle
[E] egg(s), elastic (rubber) band, electric plug, envelopes
[F] fence, flip flops, frying pan
[G] garlic, gate, gears, glass, glasses
[H] hair comb, hammer, hanger, hat, hex key, hinge, hose-pipe, human ear
[I] ice, index finger, iron
[J] jar
[K] key, keyboard, knob
[L] lampshade, language, leaf, lens, light bulb, light-switch, lock/locks
[M] magazine, mail, mailbox, match, mirror, mobile phone, mouse (non-furry),
[N] nail, notebook, nut (hardware)
[O] Oil, onion
[P] paintbrush/es, paper clip, paper cup, paper, pasta, pencil, pill, pillow, plastic bag, plate, playing cards, power pole, pumpkin, pattern
[R] rake, road markings, road signs, rock, rocks, rubber, ruler
[S] salt and pepper, salt, saucepan, scissors, screw, screwdriver, seed(s), shoe, shoelaces, soap, sock, spatula, sponge, stairs, strainer, sugar, sweets/candy
[T] tack, tap (faucet), tea bag, thermometer, thread, tin can, tire/tyre, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpick, towel, twist tie
[U] umbrella
[V] vegetable(s), veggie peeler,
[W] wastepaper-basket, watch, wheel, window
[Z] zipper

June 18th, 2021
here's my "anchor" shot to start things off... who knew this is what it looks like up close and crinkled!

June 19th, 2021
@northy Very cool! Made a gorgeous abstract.
June 19th, 2021
Your link to entries accidentally includes the word "Past". Here's the real one:
https://365project.org/tags/mundane-plasticwrap
June 20th, 2021
do you mean clingfilm, or can any plastic bag type wrapping be used ?
June 20th, 2021
I think she means— clingfilm wrapper🤷‍♂️ @kali66
June 20th, 2021
@joemuli I dont buy that stuff! lol
June 20th, 2021
@kali66 oh dear! Good point! But yes - I was thinking of cling wrap / Saran Wrap…. Plastic bags have already been done…. And so had everything else I could think of!
June 20th, 2021
@spanishliz thanks for catching that! I’ve fixed it now.
June 20th, 2021
Wow. You're still here! Just logged on as I received an account deletion email. I do miss this community was a huge part of my life back in the day!
July 22nd, 2021
@northy Hello! I noticed that the challenge ended a couple of days ago and I can't find the voting thread. In case you set it up already, that's fine, ignore this message. In case you didn't and you are not able to do it, just let me know and we'll sort it out. Thank you so very much!
July 22nd, 2021
@monikozi thanks for the reminder! Totally forgot…. Will try to get voting set up this morning…
July 22nd, 2021
@northy Whoop! Whoop! No rush at all.
You can't get rid of me :)
July 22nd, 2021
@monikozi 🙃 looks like it may have to wait for tomorrow... i'm at the cottage now and internet connection is shite... headed home tomorrow where it should be better...
Write a Reply