Challenge yourself to a spectacular collage - MFPIAC106 starts now.... No theme - just imagination needed!

September 22nd, 2021
Only 9 days left to enter your collage creation - no theme - just a composition that you create and like!

I would like to thank Katrina @koalagardens for hosting the last MFPIAC challenge, and also the many people who entered collages for us to admire. It was an honour to be chosen to host MFPIAC106.

This challenge asks you to choose 6 of your favourite pictures - they may not be your best images - sometimes a favourite is not perfect but it can have great meaning to you. The challenge then asks you to combine these 6 images into a collage.

So, for #106, there is no set theme and the focus will not be on the photographic perfection of each image. Instead, the winner will be judged on their selection of photos and the way in which these photos effectively combine to produce a pleasing overall result. The collages may use textures, shapes, colours, lighting, tones, saturation levels, symmetry, abstract formats, overlaps, borders, blurring, 3D effects - whatever takes your fancy!
And - could you please give your collage a title which summarises the result you were aiming for.

There are just a few RULES:
Your collage can be any shape, but MUST contain 6 photos, can include those from your archives or a series of photographs you take specifically for the collage. They can be pictures you've posted here on 365 or ones you've never shared but MUST have been taken by you pressing the shutter.

Photo collage making apps that are popular include PhotoCollage, PicCollage, PiZapare ,PicsArt. Picmonkey, Ipiccy and Befunky. Yu can also use free web collage makers, and PS users can use Adobe's online collage maker.
It's more fun to do than you might think, so give it a go!

Please tag your entries - MFPIAC106
See entries already made here - https://365project.org/tags/MFPIAC106

Feel free to post your collage in the thread below as it inspires others, showcases your entry and keeps the thread active.

The MFPIAC106 challenge begins on Sept 22 and ends on Oct 19 when voting will start.

The winner will host the next collage competition.

Here's a list of recent previous themes

Plants (MFPIAC95)
Silhouettes (MFPIAC96)
Show Us Where You Live (MFPIAC97)
A Typical Sunday (MFPIAC98)
My COVID Year (MFPIAC99)
Golden Hour (MFPIAC100)
Weather (MFPIAC 101)
Water (MFPIAC102)
Beach(MFPIAC103)
Favorites(MFPIAC104)
Macro images (MFPIAC105)
Overall Composition (MFIAC106)

Have fun!
Cheers Rob

PS. I have posted a rough example of a possible entry - but I’m hoping we’ll get lots of variations. 😊
PPS. I just went back and deleted the tag from the collages I had shown as examples. It would appear that you cannot delete tags! Please just ignore any of my images which appear in the overview of the entries - obviously they are not real entries! :)
September 22nd, 2021
Rob, I was wondering: is the end date really November 20th? I just want to make sure I get it right in the weekly list. Thank you!
September 22nd, 2021
@monikozi Hi Moni - nope - just a very senior's moment. I'll go ahead and fix it immediately. Thanks very much for your message and also for doing the weekly list - it's so helpful.
Cheers Rob
September 22nd, 2021
Aaaahaaahaaa!!!! 'senior's moment' :D :D :D Thank you for making me laugh!
I'll adjust the list accordingly. Thank you very much!
And I am glad you find the list useful! That's the best 'thank you'.
September 22nd, 2021
A Day on the Beach...
September 22nd, 2021
wow that is a great theme starting collage Rob!
would you mind adding to the list of past themes the one we just finished? (105)

I'm definitely going to do at least one entry for this new one as I love the idea of overall composition
September 22nd, 2021
@koalagardens Hi Katrina - sorry - I forgot to add to the list - I'll just call it "overall composition" as you suggested. And thanks for your nice feedback - most appreciated!
I'll look forward to seeing your creation! Cheers Rob
PS - I just realised I had accidently erased your 105 theme from the list!! I don't know how i managed that - it must have been to do with the pasting of the Word doc that I wrote the whole thing on. I'm so sorry. :)
September 22nd, 2021
@robz no worries, just makes it easier when the next person copies and pastes from your post for the next theme 👏
September 24th, 2021
First attempt. Is there a limit
September 24th, 2021
HI Brian - This just sets the scene for a great get together! Thanks for entering into the challenge and for posting it here.
Please enter as many as you would like - the more the merrier.
The only stipulation is that only one can be chosen from each entrant for the short list for judging. That seems to be a common requirement across all of the challenges.
Many thanks
Cheers Rob
September 27th, 2021
Another one to keep the thread alive. :)

October 4th, 2021
Just a post to put the thread up front again. This only has four images - so it would not be suitable as an entry - it's just an idea about using one photo as a backdrop for your others.
You can see the current entries by using the tag mfpiac106. Obviously, any of mine shown will not be actual entries - just some added for interest. Cheers Rob
October 10th, 2021
Just another bit of fun to update the thread again. Just Nine days to go for your fabulous collage!
The idea for this type of collage came from Katrina @koalagardens. Many thanks Katrina. Cheers Rob
Write a Reply