*** ETSSOOI 146 let's go! ***

October 1st, 2022
A huge thank you to Amy @amyk for hosting ETSOOI-145. It is my absolute pleasure to host the next ETSOOI challenge round.

Here's a little history about this challenge, which is particular to 365project and quite fascinating .

The etsooi phrase was coined by Mary Beth Dailey. When a photo she took didn’t turn out as she expected she "Edited the Shenanigans Out Of It" (or as others have translated it as "Editing the 'Sorryness' Out Of It") .

Repairing what she thought of as a failure with a huge amount of post-processing she was able to end up with a satisfactory outcome. She then turned this experience into a challenge for the 365 community and now many challenges later, you are invited to participate in this, the 146th, challenge.

There are only two rules for this challenge:

1) Your starting image MUST be taken within the designated time frame,
and
2) you MUST have taken the picture yourself.

There are no boundaries on the way you edit your picture. So get creative!

If you need some help there are plenty of programs: Affinity, Photoshop, Lightroom, Topaz and more. There are free websites such as ribbet.com, fotor.com, befunky.com . For the phone and tablet there are many apps: Snapseed, PicsArt, Pencil Sketch, Free Camera360, Deep Art Effects, Distressed FX+, Hyperspektiv, and ToonCamera.

If you wish, in your narrative do include the program you used, it may assist others new to this challenge.

You may enter as many images as you like, but I will only select one to be chosen as a finalist. The winner receives the honour of hosting the next ETSOOI challenge.
I will also upload some photos that are tagged in this challenge, but they will not be selected for the vote, I just need to play sometimes.

The start date is September 24 (backdated to the last challenge)
The end date is October 23
Tag entries etsooi-146 (note the hyphen between letters and number)
Entries can be seen here: https://365project.org/tags/etsooi-146

I can't wait to see what you come up with - get creative, it is truly good for the soul.

Feel free to link your entries here in the comments below as it keeps the post visible and easy for all to find, and helps more people find your project.
Write a Reply