single subject april - 2023 edition...

March 31st, 2023
some years ago someone started a theme for the month of April of photographing the same thing every day... i can't recall who that was, but as no one else was leading the charge i started this challenge up in April 2020 and then again in April 2021 and again in 2022... and quite a few of you decided to join me...

Well... April is TOMORROW and i'm set to play (sort of - i'm still havering on my subject) - anyone else?

the deets:

pick a subject, any subject, so long as it is something you will have access to every day during the month of April... in 2020 I picked my bedroom window (blame COVID!)... and then in 2021 i picked a game piece i named "secret agent man"... (as for 2022 - well, we shall not speak of it, ok? 🥴)

anyhoo, pick a subject and then think of a new and different way to take a picture of if every day...

that's it... there are no other rules! you can try different photography techniques, different perspectives, different cameras, camera settings and lenses, different processing styles.... different locations (if your subject is portable) the world's your oyster!

this is an exercise in creativity and stick-to-it-iveness...

play along for a couple of days, a week, or the complete month...

tag your photos 30-shots2023

the most important part is to have fun!
March 31st, 2023
Oh thank you for taking up the leadershio of this Northy!
I've done cutlery, my kithchen and my bathroom in the past, better decide what to do for tomorrow NOW!! (hmm the cat's just walked by, I wonder .............................??)
March 31st, 2023
Thank you Northy. I will try to participate.
March 31st, 2023
thanks for leading this Northy. I've never done this one.
I'm worn out after doing 2 rainbows, so I'm going to showcase an art project I've been working on as it kind of fits the theme, and there are 30 pieces of art.
That will give me a bit of a reprieve while still posting in a challenge.
March 31st, 2023
I’ve not done monthly challenges until Feb for Feb red and now rainbow both certainly a challenge but will attempt this 30 shots 😊
March 31st, 2023
I couldn't remember what April was. Will mull ideas ...
March 31st, 2023
I’ve done this and there has been a pink April challenge too, so one year I did a pink beanie baby poodle and one year I used a viewing ball.
March 31st, 2023
I've done this for a few years now, starting with my garden shed. That was followed by Teddy (bear), Precious (my cat) and my lilac last year. I've decided this year I will photograph my iPhone each day, forcing me to use a camera at least once a day :) I have become far too dependent on my phone for photos!
March 31st, 2023
Thank you...I have been doing this for a while...was going to post it and then forgot...thinking of what to photograph
March 31st, 2023
@Dawn good on you for jumping in. I'm often a big fatigued after the rainbow, but it can be really fun to challenge yourself
March 31st, 2023
@koalagardens Thanks Koala garden agree this 30 day one item or what ever will be a challenge lol
April 1st, 2023
@pandorasecho oh yes your viewing ball one was so great to watch unfold!
April 1st, 2023
Tempted but will have to think about it- April is a very busy month at work.
April 1st, 2023
Thanks for hosting this, northy - I’ll jump right in.
April 1st, 2023
I almost missed this but am so grateful to you for spearheading it again northy!
April 1st, 2023
The only challenge I had participated in was the rainbow 2023 which I enjoyed. So I am going to join in on this one as well. Thank you for hosting.
April 2nd, 2023
I'll have a try at this challenge, @northy, thanks for hosting it. My subject = in my kitchen perhaps a little broad but hopefully doable!
April 2nd, 2023
@quietpurplehaze your project…. Your rules! Whatever works for you 😊
April 2nd, 2023
Life happened in March, and this project was one of the casualties! I am ready for spring so choosing flowers as my subject. 2021 was water. 2022 was a tree in my yard.
April 3rd, 2023
Thank you for doing this once again! I was faithful with FOR this year but did not even look at the Rainbow so I am well rested to give April a try.
Woody B. Thyr will join me all month.
April 3rd, 2023
I think I will try to do the challenge but instead of using one tree for my subject, I think I will just use trees in general as my subject. I hope that is okay.
April 3rd, 2023
I only noticed this now so am a bit late but will try to do this. I just thought of something - I have a toy leprechaun which I can photograph in different locations.
April 30th, 2023
@northy Thank you for hosting. So much fun all month

Write a Reply