What Should I Do if the Winner of a Challenge Refuses to Respond?

June 9th, 2023
The Sports Action Challenge #14 voting ended on May 31. I notified the winner by announcing and tagging the winner's name on May 31. So far they have refused to acknowledge my attempts to contact them through their project page.

There were two runners-up that were tied. I hate to have to do a tie-breaker after this long.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
June 9th, 2023
Ask them to share shortlisting duties if one of them will act as host??
June 9th, 2023
You could ask them directly on their last posting. I notice that they are relatively new to 365 so may not be aware that the winner needs to set the next challenge which can be a little overwhelming for some. Otherwise do as Jackie suggests. Good luck.
June 9th, 2023
@wakelys - Thank you, Susan. I have done that twice. I asked them to please let me know if they don't want to host the next challenge
June 9th, 2023
@skipt07 oh dear. Over to the runners up then.hopefully they know the ropes and will move forward with setting the next challenge.
June 9th, 2023
@wakelys - I will give them one more day to respond.
I have seen that others have commented on their photos and they have replied back to them. I don't know if this has ever happened before. I was looking for precedent.
June 9th, 2023
@skipt07 I have had a newcomer not feel confident to set up the next challenge and another that needed some support but not this situation.
June 9th, 2023
I noticed the last time @onebyone actually responded to a photo was on the 31st. Perhaps they are on vacation and only posting without looking at their project?
June 9th, 2023
There were a couple entries on your top 5 by members who are quite active and have run challenges before- cdcook and lupimann are the two I remember from a quick glance- I would ask either one of them to step in and take over no matter how many votes they received if you don't hear back from 1x1 in the next 24 hours.
Write a Reply