Almost there! 10... 9... 8...

December 22nd, 2014
As I count down to the new year, I count down to the end of my project.

I did it! (Well, almost...) No pauses, no gaps. 365 photos in a row!
And I guess a few people must be doing the same thing right now. Who also started January first 2014? And who is finishing his second year?

I'd like to hear what your experience was with 365 project. I learned a lot, I'm sure of that. Did you find it useful? Or are you still in the same place you were a year ago?

I did not just take a photo every day. I took 10. Or 100. And I practised composing, lighting, post-processing... What can you do now that you couldn't do before you started this project?

Will you continue after December 31st? Or are you happy with your achievement and will you stop? I think I will just go on as I was doing. Or I might post less frequently. But photographing anything and everything has become a habit now (or maybe an addiction) and I don't think I will stop doing so suddenly.

Last week there was a discussion about your friends' style, and if you recognise them by their photos. Did you develop a certain style? Do your followers always know which shot is yours? Do you have one subject that keeps coming back?

So please tell me about your experience! No need to answer all these questions, of course, but maybe think about them anyway.
December 22nd, 2014
I'm in year 3, have not missed a day yet - today was day 985 for me. I only intended to stay for one year but this is the friendliest photography site on the web and I have made some very good friends here, so I stayed. Also, participating in this project and following artists who are far more skilled than myself has improved my photography more than anything else I've ever done. My work is far better now than when I joined - more artistic and creative. I've learned new techniques and developed my own personal style. I'll stay for year 4 but will probably not post daily when that year starts in April as I'd like a break from the stress of posting a really good image daily.
December 22nd, 2014
I just reached my 365 and am continuing but I've no idea of whether or not I will be able to keep it up!
December 22nd, 2014
I'm in year four with several breaks along the way but I have so many friends and I would miss them if I left!
December 22nd, 2014
I am going to be finishing my year of 365. I have really enjoyed it but it is very hard when you work full time. I didn't cheat once and I took a different picture everyday. Watching other 365'ers made me try new techniques and I feel that I have become a better photographer because of it. I am going to look into a 52 week project that will not be so demanding but will keep me shooting my camera! I will miss all the people who I have become associated with through this project! I have had some people comment everyday and I will miss their ongoing encouragement! I feel that if you follow someone you should take the time to comment on their project. I think following less people and taking the time to comment is what this project should be about!
December 23rd, 2014
I'm almost finished with my first year as well, and am quite proud of the fact that I didn't miss a day. As Faye said, it's a real challenge when you work full time, and as this has been a very challenging year at work for me in terms of long hours and new duties, it's been interesting! I feel guilty that I do not comment more, I tend to see the photos of people who are online at the same time as I am every day!

I think I'm going to continue, though I may take a short break, we'll see.
Overall it's been a wonderful experience, and I've learned a lot.
December 23rd, 2014
@rangerxenos I have to say that I'm really glad I took a break between year one and year two. It was such a big deal for me to get to 365 that starting the next day on year two was too hard to imagine, so I waited until later in January to start year two (also takes a lot of the pressure off when the holidays are going on!). Congrats on almost finishing! It's a biiiiiig deal! :)
December 23rd, 2014
I will finished my 1st year and I have learnt alot, especially editing, My style is more on landscapes, sunsets & sunrises, as I travel the east coast the of Australia in my caravan. I tried to take photos out of my comfortable zone a few times, with surprising results. Next year I will be travelling to the south & west of Australia, continue to photograph the landscapes of Australia. But uploading and commenting maybe will be less frequent as it does take alot of my time. Still post a few photos a week next year, as my followers/ friends are following my travels & like to know where I am in around Australia.
December 23rd, 2014
I started on 1 Jan too and very proud to get this far. I have posted every day, but not a photo taken on the day, I had a few fillers but not many. I still have so much to learn but amazed at how much I've improved. I was going through photos recently to put together for family calanders, looking at photos I did pre 365 I'm almost embarrassed as I thought they were my best ones, I was so proud of them! So its great to actually see myself improve. But I'm struggling with the time involved, making sure I look and try to comment on others. So I will be stopping once I've posted my 365th pic and see what happens in the future.
December 23rd, 2014
@fayefaye @debbie3108 I'm sorry to hear you'll leave, Faye and Debbie. But one should set her priorities, and it does take a lot of time to do such a project, and keep up with followers and friends. So I understand. Congratulations on getting this far and finishing the project (I suppose you will...)! And who knows, maybe one day you'll be back?
December 23rd, 2014
@leestevo @rangerxenos @kporte Hooray for Keith, Dawn and Lee-Ann! It's brave to continue. Did you think you were going to make it? I didn't, I thought life would get in the way, but it became a habit to make time for photography.
December 23rd, 2014
@laetitiapetrussa I could pretty much guarantee you I was going to complete the project, I'm a Type A personality, and once I start something I tend to finish it, otherwise it drives me crazy, LOL!

I was actually surprised that there were only a small number of days that I just didn't have/make any time for photographing, and most of the time I wasn't wanting for inspiration either.
Write a Reply