Get Pushed Week 132 - Monday Feb 2 to Sunday Feb 8

January 31st, 2015
Woohoooo! coming up on Groundhog Day!

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!!!!!!

One of the key aspects of "get pushed" is that we get "pushed" out of our photographic comfort zones... this means that you need to find something that is a CHALLENGE for your partner...

Look thru the recent months of their project and come up with something they don't seem to have done, or have indicated struggling with... it could be a type of subject, a compositional technique, a particular camera setting, use of light, anything... as long as it is something they don't seem to have done, or done much of...

If you're paired with someone who appears very experienced and accomplished, give them a concept challenge - eg.: interpret a word (something a bit intangible like "silence", or "ambiguous"... not a thing like "animal" or "toy")...

Looking thru your partner's albums needn't take a lot of time... but it is very much appreciated when this effort is invested...

ALSO IMPORTANT!!!

Explain what your challenge was when posting your shot. This helps the previous week's winner when they are choosing the week's finalists. And if someone is cruising the photos with a "get pushed" tag, they like to see what the challenge was when looking at your photo.

A COUPLE OTHER THINGS

it's that time of year when a lot of people decide to drop off the list and a lot of others jump on board... hopefully i've got the list right, but:

-- if i left your name ON by mistake, left your name OFF by mistake, or made a MISTAKE in spelling your name, please let me know by responding to this thread and i'll fix things up...

-- if you are interested in joining this challenge, respond in this thread and i will add you to the list... if it's not too late in the week, you'll likely be able to play this week...

-- if you find you must bow out of the game after i've posted the list, please let me know ASAP in this thread, and please tag your partner... i will do my best to find a them a new partner...

-- if you don't get a challenge by late afternoon Tuesday, let me know in this thread... PLEASE do not suffer in silence! even if you're ok with not playing this week, the person paired with your partner next week may be very disappointed... letting me know about inactive players is the only way i can keep the list up-to-date...

***********************************************************************************

Week 132 Dates

-- Saturday Jan 31 / Sunday Feb 1 - find your partner and issue a challenge
-- Monday Feb 2 thru Sunday Feb 8 - take a picture (or pictures) in response to the challenge issued to you, and post it with the tag: Get-Pushed-132, and comment on the photos taken in response to your challenge
-- Monday, February 9 - the winner of week 131 will pick 5 finalists for a vote

How to play:

TO ISSUE A CHALLENGE

1. Find your partner from the list below and click on their name to get to their profile

2. Browse through the last couple of months of photos to get a feel for what they shoot and don't shoot etc.

3. Post an introduction on their last photo, and also issue the challenge you are setting.

RESPOND TO A CHALLENGE

4. You have until midnight next Sunday, to take and post your shot or shots.

5. When posting your shot WRITE A SHORT DESCRIPTION about
-- who challenged you,
-- what the challenge was,
-- what you found hard about it etc.

6. Make sure to tag your shot for the challenge.... Get-Pushed-132

7. Tag your challenger in a COMMENT (not just your write-up). You MUST tag your partner in a separate comment... tagging them in your write-up of your photo is not sufficient as it will not result in them getting a notification...

ALSO

8. it is nice to visit the photo that was made in response to your challenge and offer some comments and maybe even some constructive criticism...

9. On the Monday after the challenge is over, the winner of the previous week will pick 5 finalists for a vote, this can be based purely on their fav photos, who they felt best met the challenge etc, etc.

Happy trails!!!!

@salza with @livvy
@tstb with @homeschoolmom
@dtigani with @davidtom
@julieco with @aecasey
@joeymc with @mumswaby
@nanderson with @thistle
@lambda with @northy
@macromover with @mei_photography
@hjbenson with @psychegrrrl
@la_photographic with @summerfield
@meemakelley with @notperfectbutmine
@joansmor with @zosimasy
@shesnapped with @genealogygenie
@denisefuller with @luvmynynix
@lynnilou with @trishaclancy
@jlindros with @opticlens
@m9f9l with @gabigabs
@maaayke with @christinesmith
@rachelwithey with @kph129
@roseolivia with @libbythewifey
@californialover with @jocasta
@jackies365 with @ounooi
@yeshanghai with @thejazzyj
@apocalypse with @lorrainelouise
@weebindi2 with @fearinnocent
@ludgate with @whimsicalgrateful
@francoise with @lehnistina
@amyleewinfield with @debseibly
@melston with @neatz
@mcsiegle with @warrenzx9
@lavenderbells with @archaeofrog
@ladygator with @paulaw
January 31st, 2015
I noticed I have same partner as last week -- which is fine with me, just checking!
January 31st, 2015
@francoise hi Francoise - the luck of the draw, i'm afraid... if you want to wait a bit, likely there will be a couple other people who come along needing a partner or something and then i can split you and @lehnistina up
January 31st, 2015
@northy not a problem at all! Martina is a fine partner.
January 31st, 2015
@northy, can remove me please?
January 31st, 2015
@libbythewifey ok - i will find another partner for @roseolivia
February 1st, 2015
@myhrhelper - hi Kathy... we're on to week 132 now... did you want to pair up with @roseolivia ? her partner had to pull out...
February 1st, 2015
@roseolivia @northy Yes I will pair up with roseolivia.
Thank you
February 1st, 2015
@northy Hi Northy, I am afraid I will have to request you to remove me from next Sunday as I really am not doing this justice. I keep running out of time. I have set my partner a challenge for this week but could you remove me from next Sunday please. If life gets less pressured I will let you know. Thanks for all your work on this.
February 2nd, 2015
@northy Hi Northy! I think genealogygenie may be out for now. Doesn't look like she's been online for a while. If no one else shows up without a partner, no worries. My partner from last week gave me a challenge that I'm happy to keep working with! :-)
February 2nd, 2015
@shesnapped tx for letting me know... glad you're enjoying the challenge :)
February 3rd, 2015
@northy Can I use any further experimentation for get pushed 132?
February 3rd, 2015
@northy Hello! I'm in for this week but I'll have to bow out again for next as I'm struggling to get things uploaded in time. Thanks for letting me play again though! x
February 3rd, 2015
@macromover Just spotted your message! I'm the same! She paired us well this week ;) I'll definitely do the orb challenge, it might not be up for a couple of weeks though! x
February 4th, 2015
@northy Hi Northy, please remove me from the list for Get Pushed until further notice. After this week I'm going to have a go at some other challenges for a change. Thanks for all your great work on this wonderful challenge. I've been doing it since it was a few weeks old!
February 5th, 2015
@mei_photography I will try the high key this weekend hopefully. I would love more time to play at our hobby but guess we have to be realistic.
February 6th, 2015
Jo
@northy - Hi Northy, could you please remove me from the get pushed challenge list for now. I've been doing it for over a year now and think I need a little break. Thanks for all your hard work, I have learned so much and really enjoyed all the challenges.
Write a Reply