Abraham Lincoln's death 150th Anniversary (May 1-3)

March 31st, 2015
If anyone is planning to come to Springfield Illinois, or wants to, for this huge event ~ let me know. I live nearby and will be attending with my local photography crew. There's always a welcome for fellow photographers!

http://www.visitspringfieldillinois.com/content/commemorating-150-years-lincoln%E2%80%99s-death-and-funeral

contact me at melston9380@yahoo.com
March 31st, 2015
Oh, I wish I still lived there. Lincoln's Presidential Library is the best museum we have ever been to. We have been to all the sites there. This would be such a cool addition to all of the stuff on Lincoln we have done. I'll have to dig out one of my old pictures of his tomb to post that weekend.
April 1st, 2015
I would like to request a good shot, or two or more, of the Funeral Train, if you would be so kind.
April 1st, 2015
I may consider coming. I'm going to a commemoration of the end of the war & assassination in Madison Indiana on April 11. I have followed the 150th anniversary of the civil war fairly closely, and am sorry to see it end in some ways.
April 1st, 2015
@byrdlip I'll do what I can! Sadly, the makers of the funeral car ran behind in the manufacture, and will not be able to get inspections and licenses in time to bring it by rail along the route. Roumer is, it will be trucked to Springfield, shown on the other side of town from the historic depot, and will charge admission to get anywhere near. sad situation. :-(
April 2nd, 2015
@melston Will be appreciated, Don't go out of your way.
Write a Reply