Help please

April 28th, 2015
I have been trying to get a good picture of this geode. This one is better than my earlier attempts but I am still not happy with it. I would really appreciate some suggestions on how I could make it better. Thanks

April 28th, 2015
One thing I would like to add is that the crystal is white in the middle not golden. I know the lighting is off but don't know what to do about it.
April 28th, 2015
@aat3877 white balance?
April 28th, 2015
DbJ
White balance?
April 28th, 2015
The white balance is off. Just made a rookie mistake. Was shooting outside this morning and forgot to reset the white balance. I just thought it was the back lighting. Thanks
April 28th, 2015

What a difference the correct white balance setting makes! Thanks!
April 28th, 2015
I'm glad you found the problem. It did really make the difference. It's a good thing for all of us to remember.
April 29th, 2015
Well, one of the advantages of shooting raw is that you can set or reset the White Balance after the shot. With something like Lightroom or Camera Raw, you can also with a jpeg out of the camera. but there isn't as much room to adjust. You can also try Auto White Balance in your T3i. It does a pretty decent job of getting it right I hear. I don't remember when my Nikon D7100 got it wrong, but then perhaps I adjusted in post and don't remember.
April 29th, 2015
Thanks Frank. I will try that.
April 29th, 2015
Sam
Looks great! That was a huge difference.
Write a Reply