Senior portrait pricing

June 23rd, 2016
I have a friend that wants me to do her son's senior photos this fall. It will be at a location about 20 minutes from my house. She also wants me, while we are there, to take family photos. How much would you charge?!? I have done a couple of shoots for a family friend, charged her $50, and have her a cd with about 15-20 edited pictures on it. I also gave a release so that when she went to print them, she wouldn't have issues. Hopefully, someone with a little more experience can help me with this. Thanks a bunch!!!
June 23rd, 2016
I have no clue so sorry! Good luck with it though
June 24th, 2016
An hourly rate for the time shooting ($50 - $100, professionals can charge in excess of $150), travel time (50c a mile). This would include a "press sheet" (unedited images, or minimally "group adjusted"), and 5-10 images of their choice, finished. In digital (jpeg) format. More finished images at a fixed per extra, say $10-20. If they want prints as well as digital images, extra per image, 5-10 depending on size, and I would get them professionally printed.

I think this is reasonable if you are charging. Of course if they are good friends and you are unsure of the quality of the work you can guarantee, a small flat fee, say $50 as you did before is probably about right. No surer way to lose a friend than not deliver on expectations.
Write a Reply