Fujifilm X-T2 Evalutation...

October 21st, 2016
By a most respected source, not yours truly, but DPReview.

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x-t2

This is one of the more anticipated cameras in four or five years, and it certainly lives up to its promise. But EXPENSIVE... and still not competitive with the Full Frame quality of classic DSLRs and the Sony a7 full frame line it seems... To be expected of course, but still an extremely nice camera, with the great lens line behind it. I have been shooting with it this last week, and having a lot of fun.

Please excuse the general posting, but the subject has taken a lot of ad hoc conversation on my threads and others too.

Please ignore the fan-boy comments below the body of the link - there are 1,600 already - and concentrate on the extremely competent evaluation of the DPR staff.
October 22nd, 2016
I have the XT-1 version, yes they're pricey that's why I seldom used mine on (windy,misty,sandy)beaches,I'm afraid I'll drop it in the water too :).so I always end up using my other cheap Fuji P& S..anyways,love all the Fuji X series..they're so classy looking--
i can't stand my 6D anymore too,so bulky- it doesn't inspire me to carry it everywhere:(
I think, shooters nowadays wants light, comfort & easy to used toys unless you wanna be----ahh, whatever-!, you know what I mean:)!
October 22nd, 2016
@joemuli Ah yes, i understand. Time does march on, and it is somewhat unkind to equate the technology and the ergo-dynamics of your 6D with the Fujifilm X-T2. Well yes I know you were doing it to the X-T1, but I am doing it for the X-T2 with respect to the Nikon D750, the Nikon being two year old technology.

Digital photography technology is growing exponentially in terms of capability, that is for sure. Speaking of Nikon which I know more than Canon, the D750 is looking somewhat mediocre in certain aspects, Auto Focus the obvious one, more than 24 months later. The X-T2, I haven't shot with the X-T1 so I have that gap in my experience, Is just a superb 2016 technology camera. Superb. But the Full Frame versus the APS-C image quality is still most apparent. Perhaps that doesn't matter to one's style of photography, but it does to mine.

Like your 6D. Now absolutely, I am sure the image quality of the 6D has to be superior to your X-T1 by any absolute measurement, but that seems not to be important to you. And good for you. As it would be with many. If only I had lots of money to spend on my hobby, the X-T2 and the Fujinon X lenses would be a lovely purchase, for an avid post-processor, the raw images seem to be nicely adjustable.

But of course for your style of shooting, that doesn't matter at all. Yes I know that, and I do love your style of photography. Not mine, but still most captivating and most impressive. That's probably why I lov your stuff so much, so very different from mine.

So does camera really, really matter? Probably not if you get down to it, at least amid the choices of today's possibilities.

So glad you got through the hurricane event, and who knows, perhaps i'll see you on the beach one day.
October 23rd, 2016
Yes,Matthew left us with so much devastation but slowly & surely were trying to catch up,still lots of mess to clean up tho':(
Write a Reply