New Abstract Mundane Challenge - Sponge

February 26th, 2017
Thanks so much to @claycameras for hosting the last Abstract Mundane challenge. I was so excited to learn that I had won the abstract biscuit challenge, it was a nice surprise. I am looking forward to hosting the next theme which is Sponge; the kind that you use for your face, in your bath, in the kitchen and so on.

You are allowed to use any photographic technique you like to capture this everyday object as long as the sponge is the star.

Challenge starts February 25th and ends midnight GMT on Saturday 11th March.
Finalists will be chosen and the voting will take place over 12/13th March. I will post the winner as soon as I can after this date.

You may enter as many photos as you like, provided they are taken within the time frame of the challenge. You must take different photos for the regular mundane and abstract mundane and can't submit the same image for both.

You are encouraged to post your entries on this thread to inspire others and keep this thread alive.

Please tag your entries: abstract-sponge

Objects so far in this competition include: ice, toothbrush, screwdriver, veggie peeler, bar of soap, scissors, electric plug, paper clip, jar, language, cardboard, toothpick, hex key, hair comb, screw, button, key, coin, ballpoint pen, shoe, glass, plastic bag, thread, books, lightbulb, toilet paper, envelopes, door handle, tea bag, broom, tin can, egg(s), shoelaces, clothes peg/pin, wheel, mailbox, pill, bottle, chain, zipper, seed(s), vegetable(s), cutlery, playing cards, mobile phone, pasta, chair, camera, blanket, paper, rubber, tack, hanger, index finger, mouse (non furry), sock, bubbles, candles, bread, beds, tap (faucet), strainer, match, umbrella, paintbrush/es, corkscrew, stairs, mirror, rock, cup/mug, knob, buckle, rake, power pole, box, clock, nail, gears, hinge, wastepaper-basket, hammer, cheese grater, ruler, glasses, gate, chocolate, towel, light-switch, iron, garlic, banana, flip flops, pillow, blinds, plate, keyboard, lens, biscuit and sponge.

Have fun and good luck, I can't wait to see your abstract photos!
February 26th, 2017
February 26th, 2017
February 26th, 2017
February 27th, 2017
@marcy0414 @kathyboyles - I am loving your entries ladies, this is going to be a tough one to judge.
March 5th, 2017
Looking down at the sponge laying on the counter top...with some color wash to brighten the colors. Oops...I missed a spot!

"Grass is always greener after washing up"

Write a Reply