Motivation, I need your help!

April 15th, 2014
Hi guys!!

I really love this community and this website, seriously, and I've been posting shots for 2 years and I want to keep posting shots, but since December I feel really lazy during the day, feel like "I did it for 2 years, time to stop". What motivations do you have to keep day by day uploading amazing pictures? =) I mean, AMAZING pictures, taking care day by day to create somethings beautiful and breathtaking.
I want to listen your advices! :D
April 15th, 2014
sounds like you have photo-block... I'm still kinda new here, but my thought is try uploading pictures regardless of perfection? Maybe a snap shot from part of your day, or try taking a photo in such a way you don't need to edit it, maybe a "reality" shot?
Not sure if any of this helps.
April 15th, 2014
@zosimasy Everything helps Charles =) Thank you!!
I usually upload my shots without editing, at least that's what I say in my description :P hahaha and 9 of 10 shots are uploaded without any edit on it. Do you take lot of time each day to take the shots?
April 15th, 2014
@petaqui ahh, that's what happens when I post without looking at your photos first....

so, if you don't edit, maybe try doing some artistic editing in PS with them? You've been doing this two years, but there must still be a way to mix things up a bit.
April 16th, 2014
I'm in my second year and doing monthly themes this time around
I've also linked 2 of my theme months to awareness causes to keep me motivated - I did red in Feb for t.he British Heart Foundations campaign 'Ramp up the Red' and i'm doing Blue in April for the 'Light it up bue' campaign for autism awareness :-)
April 16th, 2014
@zosimasy hahaha no problem =) That could be a nice idea, yes... hmmm I should maybe

@scolgs Sarah, I MUST confess that I LOVE your idea, I got impressed on how your month looks like just in one color. At this time I want to do the same as you! but I'm pretty sure it won't be as good (neither close to your shots) as your project...and is your idea :) So I must search something similar to that probably, it's a nice idea!
April 16th, 2014
I know what you mean, Petaqui. I have had quite a few days lately that I just can't think of anything interesting to photograph. I, too love this project and community. This is my first year and I am just a beginner. I feel like I look at the world differently now. I look at things as to how they would photograph
Mainly I do this project as I photo journal of things that are currently going on in my life. I cannot compete with most of these great photographers, so I don't try to. I just do my own thing. Someone said that to me in the beginning "It is your project and you can do whatever you want."
Hope you are feeling inspired again soon. Don't give up - I think most everyone has these unmotivated times.
April 16th, 2014
Pea
I collect photos of images I like and inspire me (on Pinterest) and then recreate my own versions of them. That way often have ideas in my head of things I'd like to try. I still have days when I can't think of anything but it helps. All the best with your project :)
April 16th, 2014
@petaqui there are quite a few people on here that do monthly themes please feel free to join in -doesn't have to be colour blocks a month of B&W a month of macro a month of a certain technique a month of the same subject - that was done as a 365 theme for March I think it was called 31 shots also look to join in the themes and challenges etc
Good luck
April 16th, 2014
I am into my third year. I decided that I would post images for every day, but I would not push to shoot every day. Instead, I am shooting 2-3 times a week and using those images to fill the days. There are as many ideas as there are people on here for what do each day and not one of them may be right for you. Experiment and do what you like to do. Sometimes, a break is what people need. This is not giving up on this project, but a break can be a good thing.
April 16th, 2014
@scolgs Sarah I love your idea for doing one colour a month and for a special cause. I've just looked at your calendar views and love January! I'm now following you.

@petaqui I'm new to this project but I tried one last year and didn't finish. So like a number of others here I am doing a monthly theme of my own, or following ideas that others are doing like abstract april etc to keep motivated. I have also found that participating in the various challenges is a really good way to get me going, get-pushed especially!

Hope that helps
April 16th, 2014
I find taking breaks and using the iphone to be a ton of fun. I'll find some sort of free app and play around with the picture to get it the way I want it. Then I can upload it right from my phone. Here is one I did yesterday... down with a cold and not very click happy.
Now the purest might say, "that's not photography" but here is my stance on it... I purposely took the shot of my eye in a mirror, purposely put the eyeliner on for effect in hopes that when I used the kaleidoscope app it would be creepy and weird. I'm not saying I am Ansel Adams, but it does keep me shooting and the images make me giggle with satisfaction.
April 16th, 2014
I find that there are days that I just don't have time to mess with getting shots off the DSLR, and onto a computer. So I will either wait a day or two and catch up, or as previously suggested, there is nothing wrong with just using the phone. Most phones have a great camera built in, and if you want to edit there are a plethora of apps that are great, and quick. My fave is snap seed. Or PS express is awesome as well.
This makes the process minutes long, and using something like tilt shift can make mundane street shots look awesome.
April 19th, 2014
@lindagene Thank you for your words =) I'm pretty sure that you can "compete" with every single photo at this community or any other community, you just have to feel the camera between your hands and let the imagination create your mage to shot after that =)

@deeganp Hi!! That's another possibilitie, sounds nice! But looks like need a lot of time to do so, isn't it? And "sadly" I have to spend tons of hours studying for mi final exams

@scolgs I will do that, definetly...I have to take this serious because it helps a lot during the life if you learn to do things that you "put yourself" instead of thinking "bleg...next day" Thank you so much!!!! =D =D

@chapjohn Yeah, that's what I did, a break, I felt tired of the project and about taking shots. I usually take a lot of pictures day by day, and sometimes I work for people as photographer (even with Nokia and Jolla), and maybe that saturated me too much. Now I'm feel better with this, I just have to upload the shots :)

@dibzgreasley I will take action into challenges, appears to be a good option and I've never did them. Thank you for reading :) :)

@photohoot I'm a kind of purist hahahaha I like uploading shots without editing to get the best of the camera (directly), but I respect peope like you of course, you achieve things incredible and difficult to imagine previous to see them :P

@karlow75 Thanks Kane for writting! =) Well, my project is about phones, only phones. I've uploading my shots first of all with my Nokia N8, then I bought the Nokia 808 Pureview so I continued the project with that awesome device. Some time after Nokia gifted the Nokia Lumia 1020, so at the moment I upload shots taken with the Nokia 808 Pureview or Lumia 1020. I collaborated with Nokia sometimes at the photographic field, that's why I use just my mobiles. As you said, most phones have a great camera, and this ones are, by far, the best cameraphones at the moment, and will be the best for years I think. I usually don't edit my pics and upload directly as taken, so that takes me less time to continue with the project, by I want to participate viewing all your photos, the pics by the community I mean, not just uploading mine. Maybe I should leave other fields and give some more time to this, and as people said, participating with the callenges and topics. Thank you a lot for your words Kane!! =D
Write a Reply