Get Pushed Week 122 - Monday Nov 24 to Sunday Nov 30

November 22nd, 2014
IMPORTANT!!!!!!

One of the key aspects of "get pushed" is that we get "pushed" out of our photographic comfort zones... this means that you need to find something that is a CHALLENGE for your partner...

look thru the recent months of their project and come up with something they don't seem to have done, or have indicated struggling with... it could be a type of subject, a compositional technique, a particular camera setting, use of light, anything... as long as it is something they don't seem to have done, or done much of...

if you're paired with someone who appears very experienced and accomplished, give them a concept challenge - eg.: interpret a word (something a bit intangible like "silence", or "ambiguous"... not a thing like "animal" or "toy")...

looking thru your partner's albums needn't take a lot of time... but it is very much appreciated when this effort is invested...

Week 122 Dates

-- Saturday / Sunday, Nov 22 and 23 - find your partner and issue a challenge
-- Monday Nov 24 thru Sunday Nov 30 - take a picture (or pictures) in response to the challenge issued to you, and post it with the tag: Get-Pushed-122, and comment on the photos taken in response to your challenge
-- Monday, December 1 - the winner of week 121 will pick 5 finalists for a vote

How to play:

TO ISSUE A CHALLENGE

1. Find your partner from the list below and click on their name to get to their profile

2. Browse through the last couple of months of photos to get a feel for what they shoot and don't shoot etc.

3. Post an introduction on their last photo, and also issue the challenge you are setting.

RESPOND TO A CHALLENGE

4. You have until midnight next Sunday, to take and post your shot or shots.

5. When posting your shot WRITE A SHORT DESCRIPTION about
-- who challenged you,
-- what the challenge was,
-- what you found hard about it etc.

You really should do this because if nothing else, it helps the previous week's winner when they have to choose this week's finalists... besides, if someone is cruising the photos with a "get pushed" tag, they like to see what the challenge was when looking at your photo :)

6. Make sure to tag your shot for the challenge.... Get-Pushed-122

7. Tag your challenger in a COMMENT (not just your write-up). You MUST tag your partner in a separate comment... tagging them in your write-up of your photo is not sufficient as it will not result in them getting a notification...

ALSO

8. it is nice to visit the photo that was made in response to your challenge and offer some comments and maybe even some constructive criticism...

9. On the Monday after the challenge is over, the winner of the previous week will pick 5 finalists for a vote, this can be based purely on their fav photos, who they felt best met the challenge etc, etc.

Happy trails!!!!

@wouterkbouter with @amyleewinfield
@kali66 with @joansmor
@froggie0628 with @stephomy
@roseolivia with @kph129
@marenh with @lynnilou
@newbank with @gabigabs
@lynne5477 with @lorrainelouise
@mizzm with @macromover
@la_photographic with @hjbenson
@jan20 with @mcsiegle
@originalintentionstudios with @homeschoolmom
@jocasta with @justaspark
@scarybird with @francoise
@lisatown with @genealogygenie
@neatz with @joeymc
@livvy with @summerfield
@nanderson with @overalvandaan
@ludgate with @bella_ss
@debseibly with @ladygator
@salza with @ithinkithunk
@sjoblues with @lfrans
@anniemc051 with @vignouse
@zosimasy with @anne_k
@mej2011 with @tstb
@aecasey with @northy
@brigette with @julieco
November 24th, 2014
@northy Hi. I've just chosen the Top 5 for the 121 Get Pushed Challenge. I had a bit of a problem as some posts were outside of the time scale (taken on Sunday 16th before it started on Monday 17th) and others did not mention what their challenge was. I noted this on the thread posting the Top 5, but perhaps you would mention it again next week. Thank you for your hard work. Also, it takes me ages to post the top images as I go backwards and forwards locating them and individually copying the links. Is there an easier way to do this?
November 25th, 2014
@julieco hi Julie... yes - i will remind about explaining the challenge... personally, i'm not so fussed if they do the shot on the sunday... often the challenge is issued the saturday and what do you do if you have a brainwave brilliant idea and time to pull it off on the sunday? but that's just me ;p

as for having to sift thru the entries... i wish there was an easier way, but if there is, i don't know it... what i do when setting up a vote is go thru all the images and open the five finalists in separate tabs... makes it a bit easier... but still a lot of clicking around...
November 26th, 2014
@northy I have tried to contact my this weeks partner @macromover but I haven't heard anything back.. shame to waist a week and this week i would have a liked to get a push in photography cause I'm lacking on having photographing ideas.
November 27th, 2014
@mizzm oh dear... i wonder what's up with Jan? i'm pretty sure she's been quite consistent in the past... in any event, i shall give you a push so no need for the week to be wasted :)
November 27th, 2014
Hi there @northy. I'm sorted for this week's challenge, but I'm afraid I'll need to sit out from next week onwards - I've just started a new job and fallen very behind with my project. I'll give you a shout when I'm back on top of things and can join in again :)

Anne x
November 27th, 2014
@northy I left a challenge for my partner on Saturday, but I still haven't heard anything from him, even though he has posted pictures.
November 28th, 2014
@homeschoolmom hi Lisa... i'm so sorry that happened... i have left him a message as well to see if he's still playing... in the meantime, i can set you a challenge if you like...
November 28th, 2014
@northy I'm sorry I've managed a few week of get pushed again but my ME has flared up dreadfully and I'm not posting this week at all and can't see the fog lifting in the next few. Sorry but I need to bow out again for a while.
November 28th, 2014
@newbank no worries... hope things are better soon... just let me know whenever you're ready to jump in again...
Write a Reply