Every Day's a Holiday, May List

April 26th, 2024
I thought I should post the holiday list for the next month a few days before it starts, in order to give people time to prepare for any early-in-the-month holidays they might want to do. As much as I am loathe to accept that May is almost here already, there are only a few days left of April and I'm unsure about my ability to post this weekend, so I'm getting the list up now! There are some pretty strange ones this time, but some fun ones too!

First things first though, as promised, here are a few holiday photos tagged in March/April!

Liz's cardinal for Something on a Stick Day (28 March) @spanishliz

Summerfield's piggy friends celebrating Pigs-in-a-Blanket Day (24 April) @summerfield

A sisters selfie taken on Siblings Day (10 April) @spanishliz

MAY HOLIDAYS

1-- May Day
2-- Truffle Day
3-- Lumpy Rug Day; Two Different Coloured Shoes Day
4-- Weather Observers Day; Orange Juice Day
5-- Astronaut Day; Cartoonists Day
6-- Nurses Day; Beverage Day
7-- Roast Leg of Lamb Day
8-- Have a Cola Day
9-- Europe Day; Moscato Day; Sleepover Day
10-- Shrimp Day; Clean Up Your Room Day
11-- Eat What You Want Day; Twilight Zone Day
12-- Limerick Day; Nutty Fudge Day
13-- Fruit Cocktail Day; Apple Pie Day
14-- Dance Like a Chicken Day
15-- Chocolate Chip Day
16-- Biographers Day; Sea Monkey Day
17-- Pack Rat Day; Walnut Day
18-- Visit Your Relatives Day; No Dirty Dishes Day
19-- Devil's Food Cake Day
20-- Be a Millionaire Day; Pick Strawberries Day
21-- Strawberries and Cream Day
22-- Maritime Day; Buy a Musical Instrument Day
23-- Taffy Day
24-- Scavenger Hunt Day
25-- Tap Dance Day; Wine Day
26-- Blueberry Cheesecake Day
27-- Grape Frozen Pop Day; Sun Screen Day
28-- Hamburger Day
29-- Paperclip Day; Put a Pillow on Your Fridge Day
30-- Hole in my Bucket Day
31-- Macaron Day

Please join in as often as you'd like and use the tag EDAH24-05 for the month of May!

Tagged photos can be seen here:
https://365project.org/tags/edah24-05
April 27th, 2024
"Put a Pillow on Your Fridge Day"?

Huh...
April 27th, 2024
@lsquared Yeah, that's one of the more bizarre ones, eh? Google tells me that putting a pillow on your fridge is supposed to "bring prosperity and good fortune," who knew?🤷‍♀️
April 27th, 2024
One of the holidays we always celebrate in May is May 5, aka Cinco de Mayo, which is missing from the list. Some of these look fun to do. Thanks for posting.
May 4th, 2024
@shutterbug49 You're very welcome! The list comes from a particular calendar and I think maybe they tend to leave off religious/national holidays because the holidays in it are supposed to be "unusual, fun, and unique," but I don't know for sure how they choose what goes in it or not. I was a bit surprised that today didn't have Star Wars Day listed as I thought it would be right up this calendar's alley. My husband suggested that this time it might have to do with copyright stuff, which I guess could make sense, but really I just have no idea how they choose!
Write a Reply