New and cannot comment.

October 4th, 2015
I am new to this site and am trying to comment. I keep being given a time out though as it is "looking spammy". Am I doing something wrong?
October 4th, 2015
It can happen if you are commenting a lot over a short period of time
October 4th, 2015
@salza thank you. I did comment on a few photo's but I didn't know there was a limit.
October 4th, 2015
I am not sure what the limit is but I have heard of this happening to others when they have commented on a number of pictures over a short time period.
October 4th, 2015
I must be lucky as I comment on quite a lot at a time and have never seen this. welcome to 365 and hope you enjoy all the photos and people you will meet here
October 4th, 2015
@angel97 it just means you're typing too fast ;)
October 4th, 2015
@cruiser Thank you for the welcome.
October 4th, 2015
@zosimasy I wish I could type fast. I only seem to be able to comment on two or three photo's before I get the time out even if I leave it a while then come back. A friend recommended this site but I am not sure it's for me if this keeps happening.
October 4th, 2015
It hasn't happened to me (and I comment a lot and fast :) ). But it has happened one or two times to a friend to whom I recommended this site, when he was still very new here. I think it only happens when you have only 2-3 photos posted, as an automatic protection from spammers and advertisers. Or else, maybe your connection was a bit laggy and the site was trying to re-post the same comment to the same picture? Hopefully this doesn't put you off from participating.
October 4th, 2015
@angel97 welcome to 365! Don't let the spammy comment put you off... I'm forever getting it... sometimes even on my first comment for the day! I just go away for a few minutes (check emails, facebook, or whatever) then come back and normally it runs fine then.... some-days I can't get to many comments in.

365 is so much fun, and will teach you so much, don't let a small glitch like that put you off! :)
October 4th, 2015
@nitrogene thanks for the reply. I will wait until I have a few more uploads and see if it still happens.
October 4th, 2015
@monkeykid thanks for the reply. Interestingly I am having no problems commenting here. Glad it isn't just me. Thank you for the welcome too.
October 4th, 2015
Never seen it. Perhaps you use the same comment over and over. I know the system will think you're spamming if you do that. Otherwise ask @scrivna.
October 4th, 2015
It has never happened to me and I'm on here for 6 years already. so please don't give up. 365 is such a wonderful program and you'll be meeting so many wonderful people from all corners of the world. so let me say welcome and have a great time. will be looking for your pictures to come.
October 4th, 2015
@mastermek Thanks for the reply. I will see if it happens more if I use the same comment.
October 4th, 2015
@bruni Thank you for the reply and for the welcome.
October 4th, 2015
Welcome to 365~! Same thing happened to my daughter after she joined. I found it a bit funny because it's often not the new person making spammy comments, but @scrivna developed it to avoid people coming on to blanket comment (I think) and to avoid advertising. I made a similar post to yours awhile back because unfortunately, my daughter was posting on others photos with "substantial feedback" over "great shot" but hey, it is what it is. This is the best place so keep it up!

Regardless, welcome, and don't let it get in your way.
October 4th, 2015
@darylo Thanks for the reply. I was taking a good look round the photo's put on yesterday so think it must have been that. Hopefully the message will stop once I have uploaded a few photo's.
Thank you for the welcome too.
October 4th, 2015
Welcome Angel ! I think it's fantastic that you are commenting so much and I hope that problem goes away soon. Everybody loves comments and we all know how time-comsuming it can be. Don't give up!
October 4th, 2015
@lynnz thank you for the welcome. I had lots of time today to take a proper look around.
October 5th, 2015
@angel97 I have already responded to your kind comment. I hope you were able to receive and read it.
October 5th, 2015
@allie912 thank you for the welcome. I have just worked out the notifications bit so have seen your comment.
October 6th, 2015
Welcome to 365! Although it has never happened to me, I have heard of it happening to a few of my followers. Just keep at it and follow the advice above. In fact any time you have a question and post it here, you'll find the folks here are so willing to help. It's one of the reason why 365 Project keeps us here year after year! Have fun and enjoy your photographic journey!
October 6th, 2015
Welcome aboard. Hope you get the comment thing sorted out. The site is amazing!!!
October 6th, 2015
I'd like to add my welcome to the others here. I do hope you'll carry on participating and commenting. As others have said, 365 is such a friendly and helpful site, it would be a shame not to get involved ;) I've never had this spamming comment on here but I get it occasionally on Instagram if I say the same thing too often! Here's hoping things will settle down for you very quickly and you'll enjoy 365 as much as I do.
October 6th, 2015
@olivetreeann @365projectlinda @pistache Thank you for the welcome.
I was still getting the message yesterday. Just hope it goes away soon.
October 6th, 2015
Three comments today and I have the time out. This site is not going to work for me. The timeouts have ruined it.

Thank you to those who looked at my photographs but I do not have the time to keep coming backwards and forwards.
Write a Reply