BRAND NEW: ABSTRACT-LIGHT SWITCH CHALLENGE

May 31st, 2016
Thank you once again to you, kind folks, for voting for my abstract towel photo that looked like some nasty virus from some place not nice! Big congratulations, too, to the finalists and thank you to all who participated and voted. Again, big thanks also to LIz Hammond @lizhammond for hosting the last abstract challenge -- Liz, we've got to stop meeting like this or people would talk! :-).

So let's get the next Mundane Abstract Challenge going!

The Mundane Abstract Challenge has the same topic as the Mundane Challenge. The topic is chosen by the winner of the last Mundane Challenge. The last mundane challenge was won by @northy and she has chosen “LIGHT SWITCH” for this segment of the challenge.

Your abstract image MUST DIFFER from any image you submit to the regular Mundane Challenge, so you cannot double tag your posts. You can be more imaginative in the use of the item for this abstract challenge. You are free and welcome to use any photographic technique you would like to portray this mundane object in an abstract way.

You may enter as many photos on the subject as you'd like, but they need to be taken during the challenge time frame to be considered for the finals. You may post your entries starting today, Tuesday, May 31, 2016 and until midnight on Monday, June 13, 2016 EST (Toronto/New York), after which I shall select the finalists for your voting pleasure.

Please tag your entries: abstract-LIGHTSWITCH

You can view entries here

If you wish, you may post your abstract-lightswitch photos on this thread, as it might help to inspire others to participate and keep the thread alive for future challenges.

The winner of the abstract portion of this challenge will host the next challenge after the regular mundane object has been chosen.

Here is a list of objects that have already been used: ice, toothbrush, screwdriver, veggie peeler, bar of soap, scissors, electric plug, paper clip, jar, language, cardboard, toothpick, hex key, hair comb, screw, button, key, coin, ballpoint pen, shoe, glass, plastic bag, thread, books, lightbulb, toilet paper, envelopes, door handle, tea bag, broom, tin can, egg(s), shoelaces, clothes peg/pin, wheel, mailbox, pill, bottle, chain, zipper, seed(s), vegetable(s), cutlery, playing cards, mobile phone, pasta, chair, camera, blanket, paper, rubber, tack, hanger, index finger, mouse (non furry), sock, bubbles, candles, bread, beds, tap (faucet), strainer, match, umbrella, paintbrush/es, corkscrew, stairs, mirror, rock, cup/mug, knob, buckle, rake, power pole, box, clock, nail, gears, hinge, wastepaper-basket, hammer, cheese grater, ruler, glasses, gate, chocolate and towel.

Go on! You know you want to post an entry. That would be grand!
May 31st, 2016
Thanks! I look forward to abstracting my light switches.
NOTE: this sentence needs to be updated:
"If you wish, you may post your abstract-glasses photos on this thread, as it might help to inspire others to..."
May 31st, 2016
@mcsiegle - as i always tell my boss "good thing i'm the real boss here so i can always blame someone else for my faux pas." :-D thank you, mary.
June 4th, 2016
@summerfield Thought it might be easier if the list was in alpha order, so here it is:

ballpoint pen, bar of soap, beds, blanket, Books, bottle, Box, bread, broom, bubbles, buckle, button, camera, candles, cardboard, cards (playing ), Chain, chair, cheese grater, chocolate, clock, clothes peg/pin, coin, corkscrew, cup/mug, cutlery, door handle, egg(s), electric plug, envelopes, gate, gears, glass, glasses, hair comb, Hammer, hanger, hex key, hinge, Ice, index finger, jar, key, knob, language, light switch, lightbulb, mailbox, match, mirror, mobile phone, mouse (non furry), nail, paintbrush/es, paper, paper clip, pasta, Pill, plastic bag, power pole, rake, rock, rubber, ruler, scissors, screw, screwdriver, seed(s), shoe, shoelaces, Sock, stairs, strainer, tack, tap (faucet), tea bag, thread, tin can, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpick, towel, umbrella, vegetable(s), veggie peeler, wastepaper-basket, wheel, zipper

June 5th, 2016
@shirleydawn -thank you, shirley.
Write a Reply