Tag Your Camera!

January 23rd, 2018
I think is it fantastic to see the lists of different cameras people are using. But what would really interest me would be to be able to look at pictures taken by specific cameras (okay, by people who have specific cameras.) One way to do this would be to tag your camera, then people could search for different models of camera by tag. I'm still trying to get used to my new camera, and would love to have an easy way to find other users of the same model in this group. So I have started (trying to remember) to tag my camera. It would be neat if other people wanted to do that too!
January 23rd, 2018
Will do, although I think you already know that we've got the same one :) should we tag lenses as well?
January 23rd, 2018
Well, not a bad idea to tag lenses! If we remember. Remembering is the hard part, also spelling and spacing conventions. I had started tagging mine XT-2. Then I did X-T2. Then I just searched a tag for XT2, and found a whole bunch of them. Needless to say, none of mine were in there: they were in separate groups. So I changed all of mine to XT2 because, simpler. If we tag lenses, it will be the same problem Fuji 50-140? Fujifilm 50-140? Fuji 50-140mm? I mean, I'm not against trying! I searched a tag for my other camera and came up with nothing. But maybe I need to change the way I write it.
January 23rd, 2018
FYI if you haven't discovered that using double quotes ("") you can include spaces in your tag, eg "new Orleans"
January 23rd, 2018
@byrdlip Thanks for that I've always struggled trying to figuring out how Tag things like that:)
January 23rd, 2018
@byrdlip Thank you for that -- I hadn't figured it out. So all my black & white photos always have three tags. Black. White. And. *Now I know.*
January 23rd, 2018
Isnt that info in the exif details??!
January 23rd, 2018
@30pics4jackiesdiamond Yes, but you can't search for it. When you search on the tab for "cameras" you get a list of all the cameras that have been used and how many pictures from them have been posted in the past 30 days. But the link to the specific camera goes to a page to buy it, not a collection of pictures taken with it. Unless that is somewhere hidden that I can't find? If so, please let me know.
January 23rd, 2018
@pamgleason haha...I am the one guilty of tagging xt2! I can never remember where the hyphen is supposed to go so I am lazy and leave it out all together. I started tagging it because I agree with you it is interesting to see who shoots with the same camera as you do.
January 23rd, 2018
@pamgleason I've gone back in and tagged a few of mine using the camera tag that comes up in the Photo Details section, not sure if anyone else has done this though!
January 23rd, 2018
I already tag mine Nikon, Sony, iPhone, Samsung and some are just tagged "cell phone" and others phonography.

January 23rd, 2018
@pamgleason aah, right sorry!!
January 24th, 2018
@ukandie1 Well. I followed your lead. I have no idea where the hyphen goes either. So simplifying seems to be the best way. Love your shots, BTW.
Write a Reply