Are you a gadget addict? Do you love new toys? Then read on for my personal pick of accessories you need to have in your kit bag! All of these items I own and can personally recommend.
1) Bottle Top TripodThe Bottle Top Pod is just genius, throw them in your kit bag / handbag and you instantly have a tripod wherever you have bottle. If you're feeling adventurous you can make your own (as I did) with these simple instructions.
2) Photo Idea IndexPhoto Idea Index by Jim Krause. This book was great for me when I first started out on my 365 Project, It gave me handy tips on being more creative with my picture taking and exploring new angles and composition tips. Jim has written a few other books on design and I have a few of these too.
3) Waterproof CaseUnderwater photos are just great and the Aquapac Underwater Camera Case Has served me well. If you ever spend any time on a boat or have your own pool these things are indispensable. I've had mine for a few years now and it's been brilliant. They're also great for keeping the sand out while you're sunning it on the beach.
4) Quality Rechargeable batteriesAnyone who has been at a party and had there camera die will tell you this, although totally boring a decent set of Rechargeable Batteries are a great investment. A lot of cameras have custom batteries so if you're one of these people, make sure you buy a spare battery pack or 2 so you never run out of juice at that crucial moment again.
5) GorillapodAnother tripod hack, I love my gorillapod, I have the Compact Digital Camera version but there is also one for Digital SLR Cameras. Small, light and they can wrap around practically anything.
6) External flashNothing improves your flash photography more than an off camera flash. This is probably the most expensive accessory you can get, but if you've got some spare cash a few off camera flashes used effectively can turn a drab dark photo into something special.
7) LED KeyringsI recently posted a link to a tutorial on LED Lighting using a few of these little LED Keyrings, I've had fun playing around with them to light paint. I bought 10 of these from eBay, they are much cheaper than a flash if you're in a controlled environment.
8) Micro-fibre Cleaning ClothA handy cleaning cloth is a must have accessory for wiping sticky finger marks from LCD screens and lenses, they also work great for mobile phones and if you have 4 eyes like me, great for your glasses too. These handy little ones store neatly away in a bag you can take anywhere.
A Few ExtrasThere are a gazillion more things I could list here, I love gadgets! I'll list a few more below and would love to hear what your favourites are in the comments below.