Sunrise or sunset?? Is there a creative way to distinguish them?

April 19th, 2014
Lately I have been doing a lot of Exposure Compensation photos to make daytime look like night,here are two examples :

And, it made me start thinking. Concerning sunrise and sunset, is there a way to tell them apart? And can any of you think of a creative way or concept which helps to tell them apart from each other?

Not that in the end it really matters. They are both beautiful, but if you DID want to distinguish them from one another, what elements might you include? ??
April 19th, 2014
April 19th, 2014
@kannafoot Wow, that is really scientific and complete. So, according to this article, your eyes might see stuff differently in the morning than at night. And particles can affect the sunset whereas sunrise is clearer because of less human activity and smog that blew out overnight....

Otherwise... the answer is kind of no?

Cool.
April 19th, 2014
LOL Yeah, I interpreted as a definite no, unless it's a maybe when sometimes it's a yes. Living in a very urban area, I guess I'd see a distinction because of the pollution factor, but if you live in the Great Plains, perhaps the distinction isn't so prevalent.
April 20th, 2014
But it is just that pollution that makes sunsets a little more vibrant than sunrises
April 20th, 2014
I observe sunrises over the ocean with little or no pollution but occasional low cloud. The sunset over the mountains is less spectacular because any clouds have burned off.

If I went to our West Coast I doubt that a sunset over the ocean would be significantly different to my sunrise on the East Coast.

I agree that pollution changes either.
April 20th, 2014
@tonydebont AH Tony!! BUT, mountain sunsets can be amazing because of Alpenglow! That cool pink hazy glow. This isn't the best example, but the best that I have : https://www.flickr.com/photos/adambralston/9269929240/in/set-72157634603032029
April 20th, 2014
@adambralston You've got a great point there Adam. When I used the word 'mountains' I was referring to our mere pimples not the grandeur of the Rockies. That is certainly an impressive capture.
April 21st, 2014
@tonydebont That's the Tetons, in Wyoming.
Write a Reply