***WINNER - SONG TITLE #7***

June 26th, 2016
You wonderful people voted "Walk On By" by @wordpixman as the winner:

CONGRATULATIONS, Arthur! Now it's your turn to host the next Song Title challenge.

Thank you everyone for participating!
June 26th, 2016
Thank you, @summerfield , and all who voted for my entry.
The new challenge, Songtitle#8 is now open from today June 26 until Monday July 11.
June 26th, 2016
@wordpixman Fabulous illustrations of the song! Congratulations
June 27th, 2016
Thanks to all who voted for my entry in Song Title #7 and to @summerfield for hosting it, and all the other fine entries. I am proud and happy to accept the invititation to host #8 which runs from today, June 26, 2016, through midnight Monday, July 11, 2016, EDT New York/Toronto. All images must have been taken and posted within this time frame.

Tag your photos songtitle-8.

Rules remain as before, to take a picture that could be appropriately titled with the title of a song, but I am adding a personal request for entries in #8 to reflect the 1940s era, the many great names that ruled those years and the songs that they made evergreen. You will all have your favourites, still played and enjoyed although out of living memory for many, so let's hear them, and if you are posting a song that might have dropped off the radar and can't be found on You Tube, please also remind us of the lyrics

The following songs are officially retired and cannot be used:
All you need is love - Beatles
You can leave your hat on - Joe Cocker
Oñ the road again - Wllie Nelson
Walk this Way - Aerosmith / RunDMC
Sweet dreams are made of this - Eurthymics
We're Gonna Get Married - Randy Newman
Walk on By - Dionne Warwick / Burt Bacharach

So get humming, go out and take a picture to suit your earworm, and who knows, you might win and get the chance to host the next challenge.

Enjoy and have fun!
Write a Reply