500px site

September 25th, 2016
Hi THere, Does anyone have any experience with 500px site for trying to sell photos. I thought it might be fun and certainly a thrill to sell something on line.
Lisa
September 25th, 2016
A Beautiful Site - which I use occasionally - but have not sold anything - or attempted to. Worth a try - though and the best of luck - Kindest Regards 60fox
September 25th, 2016
Use it sometimes but only to post it's quite a good barometer of a photo quality as everything ends up in the pool so is scene by a lot of people so you get a good idea of how popular it is.
September 26th, 2016
I think that they are looking for "stock" photos, with people in them, doing mundane things - at least, that is what the web site guides people towards, when they are giving guidance about what kinds of photos sell. There are some really amazing photos on that site, so I peruse it for inspiration. Who knows... maybe you can sell some?? :) Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
September 26th, 2016
It's a great site but to sell if I was you I would use fineartamerica as I have sold some photos on that site but not 500px!

Maybe put your shots up on both & see what happens?
September 27th, 2016
@stephenfox @rjb71 @rosiekerr @sjodell thanks for the input. I checked out fine art america and I think I'll try that
Write a Reply