Eliminating Dust

April 20th, 2018
I need some help getting rid of dust and the little specks of dust in two different situations...the first, when I am photographing something on a piece of glass in order to get reflections or light from below and the second, when I am framing. I seem to get the mat absolutely clean, the glass clean, but when I put them together there is a speck somewhere and when that one is gone, another seems to appear. I am thinking of canned/compressed air or a pc vacuum...Do either of these work? Any other tips or suggestions?

Thanks....
April 20th, 2018
Hi Granagringa. Often the base material gets an electrostatic charge, and dust is attracted by it. If you give a bit (only a bit, otherwise you have streks) of fabric softener on a cotton cloth (not something synthetic), rub it over the glass, and let it dry, it will avoid attracting dust on the glass. There are also antistatic sprays. But of curse you can blow away some pieces of dust with an air blower. But as you mentioned above, if there is a static loading, it comes back quickly. On my dark reflection shots, I do not care to much about them, and just remove them in pp by cloning them away. Let me know, if you need further information
April 21st, 2018
Have you ever tried Norwex for cleaning glass? It's pricey, but is amazing.
Write a Reply