The joys of living in a 1st world and 3rd world country!

June 17th, 2018
We have been without power for the last 18 hours! At first our electricity supplier, Eskom, said it was loashedding. This resulting in a strike by workers. The latest news is that it is the result of cable theft! When the power is off, the copper cables get stolen regularly! I don't know when I will be able to post or comment ( hopefully today) Writing this from my cell, my data is also running out fast 😉
June 17th, 2018
That's no fun. I hope that it's sorted soon.
June 17th, 2018
Don't try to catch up with comments, not worth being stressed even more!!! We rely too much on tech!! I think I'd go nuts without so sympathies. X
June 17th, 2018
Oh no hope it gets sorted out sooon! I would go crazy without power!
June 17th, 2018
Oh no hope all sorted fast no fun at all .
June 17th, 2018
i would not like to have no power! do hope things get sorted out for you soon diana ...
June 18th, 2018
good luck - hope it gets sorted asap
June 18th, 2018
Oh, my. We had that issue when we lived in Illinois. Thankfully, it was only the lights along the interstate effected and not our homes. Prayers that it comes back on soon so you don't loose all your food and such.
June 18th, 2018
Hope it gets sorted soon! So frustrating, you don't realise how much you rely on power until it's gone.
June 18th, 2018
@salza @30pics4jackiesdiamond @radiogirl @Dawn @pistache @annied @homeschoolmom @yorkshirekiwi Thany you so much for your sympathy and kind words. At the moment it is on again, but who knows for how long. Sadly it happens regularly, but only for a couple of hours at a time ;-)
Write a Reply