Anyone in Houston, Texas, loving Magritte?

May 25th, 2019
Hi, a few of you have seen my photos (posted in the first months of 2018) where I starred, breaking in several classical paintings. Now a friend of mine asked to have a family photo in that style and I suggested to have them (mother, father, son and daughter) rain down with the Englishmen in "Golconda" by René Magritte.
I do not pirate photos from the Internet and I do not want to use illegal sources. All my photos were made using pictures I had shot myself, in compliance with the museums rules. But Golconda is in the Menil Collection in Houston, Texas, and I am in Rome, Italy...
So I thought to ask your help.
Is there anyone living in Houston, Texas, and loving Magritte, who could be interested in visiting the Menil Collection and taking (if allowed by the museum policy, of course) a photo of Golconda and then send it to me? I would need just a plain front view of the painting, including the frame if any, in raw format at the highest resolution your camera allows.
The picture would be used for a one-of original and not destined to circulation. I would grant credits to the author, obviously.
Thank you in advance!
May 25th, 2019
I might see about doing that
May 25th, 2019
@365projectltaylor That would be so kind of you! I didn't know you are based in Houston.Thank you so much!
May 26th, 2019
I'm not. Made a day trip there and back.No photos allowed in gallery. One guard staring umbrellas, another with pipe breath on my neck... perhaps another stealthier person could pull it off... sorry
May 26th, 2019
@domenicododaro have you thought about seeing if you buy a print somewhere and photographing it?
May 26th, 2019
@365projectltaylor thank you again for the attempt! Hope the gallery was worth the visit, regardless of the no-photo policy. I owe you one.
@annied In terms of quality, it’s not really the same thing. Maybe I’ll look for another painting... thank you
May 27th, 2019
pity.it.didnt.work,out
@deekjames
is.in.Houston.but.could.be.trouble!
May 28th, 2019
@domenicododaro @kali66 I’ve taken lots of photos in the Menil. I’m now wondering if I was breaking any rules. I certainly wasn’t discreet.

Lemme see what I can do for you. What is your timeline?
May 28th, 2019
@deekjames Hi Darby! Thank you so much! I have no particular time constraints: but I certainly do not wish to get you in troubles! @kali66 thank you, Kali!
July 10th, 2019
@scrivna Hi Ross. Sorry for bothering, maybe worthy to give a look to this gentleman (or lady) above. Thanks!
July 10th, 2019
@deekjames Hello Darby, I'm a little absent these days, but... did you have the chance to try? Cheers, D.
July 10th, 2019
@domenicododaro thanks, all sorted!
July 11th, 2019
@domenicododaro I want to the Menil and stared at the painting for a while waiting for the docent to look away...no chance. They were onto me. So sorry, I tried.
July 12th, 2019
@deekjames thank you so much! I owe you an entrance to a museum. Maybe in Rome, if you ever happen to come? 😉 thanks thanks thanks
July 12th, 2019
@domenicododaro it’s a deal.
July 12th, 2019
@deekjames Yes it is!
Write a Reply