That was 30 Days Wild!

July 1st, 2015
The end of June has arrived and so the sun sets on 30 Days Wild.

What a month it has been! I'm shattered after a month of daily blogging and tweeting for 30 Days Wild, on top of work and life but it has been brilliant and I was so pleased how many people joined in! I only wish I'd had more time for 365 and been able to comment on all of the 30dayswild tagged photos here, which at present totals 1334! (That's 44.4 people assuming everyone taking part has uploaded every day so it's likely that there were 50 plus people tagging photos for this!

This thread is here to celebrate the end of 30 Days Wild so feel free to share your wild moments - a collage of your best wild moments, your favourite wild activity... you decide what to share!

Following 30 Days Wild, the Wildlife Trusts are hoping that everyone who has taken part will keep up those Random Acts of Wildness and Stay Wild and are encouraging people to challenge themselves to 366 Days Wild (as it’s a Leap Year next year) - a nature photo a day, a little time outdoors each day or just something linked to nature every day for a year.

If you're on twitter you can tag your photos / tweets with #randomactsofwildness or #staywild

I'm proposing we do the same here - not worrying about doing something wild and outdoors every single day but just 'going wild' when we can and tagging the photos with one of the above - or both!

I will now be adding the tags “ randomactsofwildness “ & “ staywild “ to all my usual nature based / outdoorsy photos and I'll check in on the tags when I can so I'm hoping lots of you will join me in this :)

Thanks again for joining in - even though I haven't commented on all of them, I have looked at all of the tagged photos and they've been fantastic!

I'm ready for 30 Days Asleep now ;)

EDIT 1st July - After a wildlife trusts update I now know that the 'stay wild' tag will be used just for a short time - for twitter the main tags are going to be mywildlife and 365dayswild so for future 30 Days Wild-esque uploads I am suggesting we stick with those and we can also still use randomactsofwildness if you want to. I will probably use all three!

So wild tags to use from 1st July (if you wish to - and you don't have to use all three!) are

MyWildLife

365dayswild

randomactsofwildness
July 1st, 2015
I made a collage for each 5 days of the project, 4 photos per day...

http://louises30dayswild.blogspot.co.uk/

July 1st, 2015
This was a terrific project and I'm so very glad there was such a wonderful response! Thank you, Louise, for bringing this to our collective attention. Making a collage and doing some ongoing tagging of "randomactsofwildness" are both great ideas. I'll see what I can do! :)
July 1st, 2015
Thanks for inspiring wildness. Love the idea of continuing as I love the outdoors.
July 1st, 2015
That was a fun project. I love taking nature pictures.
July 1st, 2015
It was wonderful! I enjoyed it so much. I think my favourite had to be when I made this boat - I was so happy it worked and it was so much fun to do!
July 1st, 2015
@roachling I really enjoyed 30dayswild - thanks very much Louise. Here's a collage of my 30 photos.

July 1st, 2015
@roachling It was a great challenge. I didn't use the tag at all, but thought about the wonders of being outside more than I usually do! I enjoyed seeing how city-folk enjoyed the outdoors most of all, I think.
July 1st, 2015
@francoise @nickspicsnz @stephlisa87 @amandal @voiceprintz

Just a tag clarification update following a new update from The Wildlife Trusts

(http://www.wildlifetrusts.org/staywild )

For future 30 Days Wild style uploads I think we should mirror the Twitter hashtags and tag here with...

MyWildLife / 365DaysWild / randomactsofwildlife

There's no obligation to 'go wild' every single day, but I thought it would be nice to use the tags for our nature based shots :)
July 1st, 2015
365 Days Wild begins today for me... Day 31 of 366 (as it's a leap year next year!)

July 1st, 2015
This has been fun to follow. Glad you will stay wild
July 1st, 2015
@pandorasecho Thanks - glad you have enjoyed it. Also, thanks for the comment on today's blog - it's always nice to know people are reading :)
July 2nd, 2015
I enjoyed seeing your photos. I feel bad I wasn't able to join this eventhough I was aware of it. Well maybe next time...
July 2nd, 2015
Wonderful seeing all the photos and collages and although I didn't get to participate as much as wanted I am glad that there are ongoing tags to use.

Thanks for organising the 365 effort on this Louise and I'm sure you are ready for a rest!
July 2nd, 2015
@dibzgreasley I'm shattered, hehe! The daily wild activities were fine, but as I blogged daily and shared things on twitter, I've had a lot of late nights sorting photos, blogging and commenting ! I was really looking forward to the end and a quieter life but then I went and decided to go 365 Days Wild!!! I'll still be blogging but the rest of the year won't be as demanding - I will blog when I can and my 'wild moments' will be smaller scale mostly!

Thanks for commenting and joining in when you could.
July 4th, 2015
@roachling Thank you so much for introducing us to 30 days wild. I've loved this month. I'm a bit behind with uploading, but I've had a mad couple of weeks and I decided to prioritise my wild activities ahead of uploading photos. I have also loved reading your blog - well done for keeping it up. I will definitely continue with the tags, but not very day. I'm going to the Galapagos Islands this month, so that should give me plenty of wild opportunities!
July 4th, 2015
@dh oh very exciting! Will look forward to seeing the photos! Thanks for taking part, I'm glad you have enjoyed it!
Write a Reply