Album Cover Challenge with a NEW TWIST

October 26th, 2016
Thank you for voting for my album cover! The entries are always so fun and creative!

Now it is time for Album Cover Challenge 71 with a NEW TWIST( only if you want) - instructions below...

If you are new to 365 or to this challenge, the album cover challenge is an excellent opportunity to use those photos lurking in the archives and to edit to your heart’s content!

Here's how to get the information for your album cover:

I decided to give people a choice of how to get the name of the album cover. For this album cover challenge, you can pick your title the “traditional” way, or you can use words from a quote that I preselected. I am hoping that more people find it interesting and less confusing to participate in this challenge. Read on for the different choices

1. Your album’s title:
Get your title the "traditional" way: Go to Quotations Page and choose "Random Quotes" from the left menus. Scroll down to the end of the page. The last 3 to 6 words of the very last quote on the page are the title of your album.

http://www.quotationspage.com link

OR:
Get your title by selecting 3 – 6 CONSECUTIVE words from this preselected quote by Steve Jobs (for those who like a bit more control):
“Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn't really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That's because they were able to connect experiences they've had and synthesize new things.”
Steve Jobs
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/s/stevejobs416925.html

For example, you could pick "After A While" or "Connecting Things When You Ask" from this quote.

2. Your album’s artist:
Go to Wikipedia and choose the link for "Random Article" on the top left side of the page. The first random article you get is the name of your musician(s) or band.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/main_Page link

3. Next find or take a photo that fits the artist and title. Remember albums are square so crop your photo accordingly.

4. You are also allowed to use your favorite editing program if you so choose and can edit your photo as much as you want. But it must be your photo. Ace members have access to Picmonkey. Ribbet, iPiccy and BeFunky among many others have free on-line versions too. You can use any photo, old or new, but it must be processed within the time frame of the challenge.

5. You can enter multiple times.

6. Tag your pictures "albumcoverchallenge71".

7. In addition to tagging your image, feel free to post your image on this thread too. It encourages participation and can be inspirational to others who are thinking of giving it a try. To share a picture:

1. Go to the page that has the photo you'd like to post.
2. Click on the three dots (...) on the bottom right under your picture.
3. Find the 'embed code' box and right click on it to copy it, then paste it on this thread in the comment box.

Album Cover Challenge 71 begins Tuesday October 25, 2016 and ends on Wednesday November 9, 2016 (midnight EST). at 8pm.
Finalists will be announced shortly thereafter, and you get to choose your favorite one!
Feel free to post your albums and artists here once you've picked them. If you have any questions post them here as well. I'll do my best to answer them.

So off you go! Grab those titles and artists off of Wikipedia and have fun! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Enjoy!
October 26th, 2016
Oh, fun twist!
October 26th, 2016
Band: São Pedro

Title: Synthesize New Things (taken from twist quote)
October 26th, 2016
Fun idea-
Random Article: Bud Dunn
Title (from the twist quote): It Seemed Obvious
October 26th, 2016
Cool idea!

Artist: Piebald
Title: Just Connecting Things (from twist quote)
October 26th, 2016
i always liked the random quote, they seem to be relevant a lot of the time!

artist = Trochodendron nastae (an extinct plant )
album = Sleep 20 hours a day

hmmm music for insomniacs?

It's hard to take over the world when you sleep 20 hours a day.

Darby Conley,
October 26th, 2016
ps heidi, can you make your links hyperlinks, that makes it a ton easier...
October 26th, 2016
Band Title : Atacama people

This was the Steve Jobs quote as I think it's been lost from the original "Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn't really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while."

I'm using "Just Connecting Things"
October 26th, 2016
@kali66 Or music for cats....cats sleep 20 hours a day! LOL!
October 26th, 2016
not done tis before but I've got Bad Dunn as artist & album title is Don't go Barefoot
October 26th, 2016
@kali66 I did. And I think I fixed the mess I made earlier.

I agree too, that getting a random quote often fits perfectly with me. Just thought some people might want a bit more choice. Something to try and see what people come up with!
October 27th, 2016
October 27th, 2016
October 28th, 2016
November 7th, 2016
Hasanabad Ahmadi (Hasanabad is a village in southwestern Iran district of Ahmadi)
Help having a disagreeable face (Ann Radcliffe)
Write a Reply