@andreajoy

January 19th, 2018
Many of you will have seen Andrea's story as she posted her photos on 365
I'm so sad to to say, she passed away today in New Zealand after a helluva struggle! She was so brave in getting through tremendous setbacks and still commenting but mainly on FB.
Her daughter in law was an angel in these struggles and deserves angel status. Her son and husband must be devastated in spite of knowing for some months the prognosis was not good.

Cheers Andrea wherever you are! You will be remembered!
January 19th, 2018
What sad news, but thanks Maggemae to tell us. Words are never adequate in moments like these. I will say though, that my hearts go out to Andrea (wherever she is) and her family. May all find peace, comfort and the strength to cope. Hugs.
January 19th, 2018
I was so very sad to hear this news this morning. Such a brave & kind friend, I will miss her so much. We met through 365 years ago & on my regular trips to NZ we met up whenever I was in Taupo. She was the same in real life as online, happy, chatty, loads of fun & as soon as I met her I felt she was my friend. In the last eighteen months as it happens my youngest son & family moved to Taupo so we all met up last March & spent quality time together. Every time my DIL went to see her I was there in spirit.
Andrea was very open with her struggle with cancer, logging every detail with a cheerful acceptance giving out information & encouragement to everyone who happened to be on that same journey with her. She was the ambassador for cancer sufferers everywhere.
So glad you are out of pain Andrea but my word I shall miss you so much.
I am ringing that angel caller you gave me already.
Goodbye darling girl.
I was going to put a photo up but have forgotten how to do it!
January 19th, 2018
RIP Andrea, you will be missed.

January 19th, 2018
Thank you for letting us know Maggiemae - thoughts are with Andreas family....I have followed Andreas story on and off over the years and she was always so positive and encouraging - she will be missed
January 19th, 2018
@maggiemae I'm so very sad to hear this. When I did the project a few years back i followed Andreas project and we actually ended up sending each other a few letters and presents (I sent her teabags and dairy milk and sent me little knitted hearts for my kids and a New Zealand tea towel) . I believe she moved and I no longer have her current address, if the family are ok with it I would love to send a card, my email is caroline@andrewlargesurveyors.co.uk. Many thanks
January 19th, 2018
She was a really amazing woman, and although we knew to expect the news it was so sad to actually hear it. Andrea was such a beautiful, vibrant and loving person, she will be sorely missed. This is a photo of Andrea and myself in October 2016 when we passed through Taupo.
January 19th, 2018
Rest In Peace πŸ™πŸΌπŸ’πŸ’πŸ’
January 20th, 2018
http://365project.org/julzmaioro/365/2017-07-03
Unfortunetly I never had a chance to meet Andrea but I felt I knew her very well .. I understood her struggle as I went through the dreaded BC with my daughter who lost her battle 5 years ago ... Andrea had such a big heart that even when she was very unwell a few weeks back she sent me the most touching PM via FB... she seemed to be always thinking of others.
Loving thoughts to Wayne Luke and Christine and the extended family... it is going to be tough but you have very happy memories of your beautiful lady ...
January 20th, 2018
Write a Reply