Winner Get Pushed 290

February 24th, 2018
I am pleased to announce that Steve Pooley is the latest Get Pushed winner with his fantastic Double exposure “Tree within the ruin?” Voting was very close for all entries but ultimately Steve's entry pulled ahead.

It is now over to you to choose the finalists and host the next challenge. Please do not forget that the challenge actually ends on Sunday night so contestants do a few more days to get this done!

Please let me know if you need any help setting this up.

February 24th, 2018
Congrats, Steve Pooley, @stevepo! Your entry has won this round of the Get Pushed challenge!
February 24th, 2018
Well deserved Steve, this is a great result!
February 24th, 2018
Well done @stevepo - great double exposure.
February 24th, 2018
Thankyou so much to everyone for your comments and votes. I am truly gobsmacked to have won. I had to look up what double exposure meant and didn’t know that a camera could do this within itself. This was my first attempt and I still look at it amazed that I produced it! (with the help of the camera). I am so grateful to the 365 project, my Get Pushed challenger and a very special person who encouraged me into photography.
February 24th, 2018
@farmreporter Thankyou so much and yes please let me know what I need to do.
February 24th, 2018
@farmreporter @fbailey @suesmith Thankyou, see above
February 25th, 2018
Congrats, @stevepo
February 25th, 2018
@stevepo well done Steve, well deserved
February 25th, 2018
@stevepo
I will sit down this evening and write out a very detailed report on how it all works and the way I upload the finalists. The first time is a bit overwhelming, but you will catch on quick, I am sure!
February 25th, 2018
@farmreporter thanks Wendy
February 25th, 2018
Steve- I had some time early so here it is. There is still about 12 hours left for people to get their entries in (me included!!)

The process is quite easy actually and just involves much copy and pasting to a Word Document of some sort.

First, choose your finalists – can be 4, 5, or 6 – there is no rule as to how many or few you choose. Your challenge, your rules! I do try to comment on everyone’s entry while choosing the finalists but if you do not have the time, so be it. Again, your challenge, your rules.

As for choosing finalists, you can use any criteria you wish. Technically, ascetically, first timers you want to encourage, anything goes. You can mention why you chose it, but most people do not.

Once you have selected your finalists, open a word doc that you want to copy and paste to, click on your first finalist (can be in any order you so choose), type out their name and @name, open the embed code by clicking on the right arrow found to the right of the FAV’s star. Copy the whole embed code – it is long! – and paste below the name and @name on your word doc.

Repeat for all finalists. Do not forget to put numbers in front of their names for ease of voting. (and I have on occasion until someone mentions it during voting)

You can add a bit of introduction at the beginning of your word doc thanking everyone, and mentioning when voting ends, etc.

Now, go to Discuss under the task bar on top, click on it, click on Themes and Discussions, and open a New Topic on the top of the page.

Copy your whole word document and insert onto the New Topic, title the page, and click done (at least I think it says done).

Don’t worry if you have messed up because you can go back and edit anything in your new topic except the title (so don’t mess up the title – lol!)

Then – sit back and relax. Tally the votes when it is over, and announce the new winner. Tah-dah!! Yer dun!
February 25th, 2018
@stevepo Congratulations!
February 25th, 2018
@stevepo Forgot to notify you when I posted this - see above. Good luck and have fun!
Write a Reply