Help in Uploading Gif please?

August 20th, 2018
I've produced a short gif in PS Elements and tried to upload here but whether I use the Upload button, the Basic Uploader button or email it to my 365 email address I get the same thing - the title comes up, but no picture. Just a blank. The day view on the monthly view shows a blank instead of a date too. I've emailed this to several people so I know it works and it's not a big file. I guess I can always try a gif maker programme but I've uploaded gifs using Elenents and am baffled as to why it's not working now. Has anyone any ideas? Any help gratefully received! Felicity
August 20th, 2018
GIF files have to be under 20MB and you can only view them on certain size screens, i.e. not most phones, otherwise the thumbnail snapshot is displayed - which is usually the first or last frame of the GIF.
Not sure if that helps at all.
August 20th, 2018
I had the same problem with the first gif I made.
My file was much to big, I resize the photos to approximably 700 x 500 and it works fine.
I hope you get it to work.
August 20th, 2018
Yes, took me a few tries to upload successfully, size is definitely the key factor.
August 20th, 2018
@humphreyhippo @jacqbb @yaorenliu Thanks so much for your help, finally done it! Size was the deciding factor - phew, another thing off my list. Your responses are much appreciated!
August 21st, 2018
Apparently sometimes size DOES matter! ;~}
August 21st, 2018
@humphreyhippo @jacqbb @yaorenliu
Thank you all for stepping in to answer this question ... I kinda feel responsible for the problems I created by issuing a gif challenge. I was away for the afternoon and just saw this.
But always good to know that this amazing community will step up when needed!
August 21st, 2018
@fbailey
So good that it finally worked for you! Thank you for your persistence!
August 21st, 2018
@grammyn Lol! That is really funny!!
August 21st, 2018
@farmreporter I enjoyed this challenge and learned what is the problem via this challenge, I once want to load a gif file but no matter what, it is not working. Now I know why. I should say thanks to you for this challenge.
Write a Reply