In search of Organization ideas

April 25th, 2019
I photograph a lo for our church. Easter Sunday, we had 265 baptisms! We had probably 6 photographers at this event. Each of us took quite a few photos and we ended up with a total of 1800! Here is the link, if you wish to see some great photos: https://www.cbgladesphoto.com/pompanobeacheaster2019/.
The problem is that we like the people to have access to their photos. How does one search through so many, especially if more than one photographer took their photo? Fortunately, this won't be my job to do! In the summer, we may get an intern to help out our team. I had suggested organizing by time, but our leader says not all the cameras were set properly. All suggestions welcome!
April 26th, 2019
Hello Danette,
I am certainly not the best expert on this question, but I can at least tell you how I managed a similar problem several years ago. I had to sort out around 3000 pictures according to around 20 people who were featured in them. I did this by using a photo organizer with face recognition capability. At the time, I used Picasa, which did a surprisingly good job vs what I expected. For each person, I ended up with the list of all pictures in which this person was present. My PC did most of the work, with a reasonable level of support from me to help for the acquisition of the difficult cases. Although Picasa is not supported by Google anymore, you are still allowed to use it as it is and to download it for free from the Internet. However, I suspect that the more recent software packages like Google Photos or some other equivalents would do an even better job, but I do not have the experience since I did not have to do that kind of job again. I hope this helps.
Etienne
April 27th, 2019
@etienne I appreciate your input. I had wondered if Google Photos would work. I will mention it!
Write a Reply