New People Challenge: Portrait in Negative Space

September 22nd, 2021
Hi, thank you to all who chose my image of Marcus the jazz drummer as the winner of the last People challenge. I keep a photography blog (Victoria's Light, Wordpress), and as I scrolled through the posts a few days ago, the fact of naturally gravitating to portraits is clear. This is not something I was comfortable doing when the photography deep dive began in 2009. In fact, being an introvert, I was terrified of the process. Somehow, the fear evaporated. The portraits show the lifting of my fears. In my view, a portrait says as much about the photographer as it does about the subject. Onto this challenge. I like portraits that have negative space. Often, the use of black and white is preferred, but color works too. Here is an image I recently posted that demonstrates the style. I look forward to seeing your work. Have fun with it.

Tag your images as follows: People-N-Space. The challenge will remain open until October 22, 2021 at 5 p.m. United States EST.
September 22nd, 2021
Great Challenge, that should be fun.
September 22nd, 2021
This sounds like a wonderful challenge.
September 23rd, 2021
i hope to join in, hope i see some people! i like your musings here, the fear is real, but as you say, keep doing it and eventually it goes away enough to have fun
September 23rd, 2021
@myhrhelper @grammyn @kali66 Enjoy the ride!
Write a Reply