Album Cover Challenge 151 Extension

April 17th, 2024
Hello 365ers!

Album Cover Challenge 151 was slated to finish this Friday (April 19th) BUT as life usually goes something's come up- namely a surprise "destination" celebration for my sister's 65th birthday which may override my availability on 365. Add to that happy event only 3 submissions currently listed for this challenge and it's the perfect opportunity to give some folks extra time to enter.

So here are the album cover challenge particulars:

For those of you who are new to the site, this long running challenge involves using your creative skills to design an album cover for an imaginary band or artist. Here’s how you come up with the starting point- where it ends is up to you.

1. THE BAND: Go to the Wikipedia website’s main page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main Page and choose any of the Featured Articles on the main page for your band/artist/musician.

If any of those featured articles do not appeal to you, you may try this: in the upper left of the Wikipedia logo, click on the the 3 bars and the Main Menu opens. Scroll down and click on "Random Article". The title of the article that comes up will be the name of your band/artist/musician.

2. THE ALBUM: Go to http://www.quotationspage.com and click on "Random Quotes" from the left menu. Scroll down to the end of the page. The last 4 to 6 words of any of the three last quotes on the page is the title of your album (whichever you think would go with your band or artist).

3. Next, find or take a photo or photos that fits the album and artist(s). The cover can be made up of one single shot or an edit with multiple layers, and so on. There are no limits to processing options. However, please remember that ALBUM COVERS ARE SQUARE so don't forget to crop, or shoot in 1:1 aspect ratio

4. You may use any editing program you like to create your cover (Photoshop, Gimp, ipiccy, Ribbet, Picmonkey -- there are many other free photo editing programs out there). You can use any image for the album, old or new, but it must be your own photo or images and all the processing must be done and uploaded during the time frame of the challenge.

5. This challenge has evolved quite a bit during its course and lately some folks have introduced creating their album cover manually (such as making a collage or montage which includes text form a newspaper instead of using a processing program) and taking a photo of their creation. If you choose to create your album cover this way, just remember the SQUARE crop. Some have even taken to “advertising” the artist’s style and genre- it’s all up to you!

6. You may submit more than one album cover but only one will be chosen per photographer.

ALBUM COVER CHALLENGE #151 will run from March 23rd to April 26th (the new ending date).
TAG: albumcoverchallenge151

Thanks again to Sally Ings @salza who hosted the previous challenge. This is a fun challenge and has always been a favorite of mine so I hope to see lots of entries in the coming week!

Ann LeFevre
@Olivetreeann
April 17th, 2024
artist Tagiadini ( a tribe of skipper butterflies)
Title = The Sea, The sun
By health I mean the power to live a full, adult, living, breathing life in close contact with... the earth and the wonders thereof - the sea - the sun.

Katherine Mansfield (1888 - 1923)
April 17th, 2024
@kali66 I'm looking forward to your interpretation of this- I think it's going to be a beauty!
Write a Reply