May '16 Word List

April 30th, 2016

Good luck with "rumbustification". I don't even know what that word is. If I manage to get to it, it's going to take some imagination.

Please note that the dates are just recommendations and you do not have to stick to them, you can use any of the 38 words in any order you like.

The tag for May will continue in the same format as before, first three letters of the month, the year and then ‘words’ (may16words).

* So tag your photos with may16words to see them all here:
may16words

This is how I have compiled our list:
I first removed all words that have been used in the last 2 months. Next I totaled all the words that were nominated more than once (most of these words only had 2 nominations, by the way). If words did not have dates associated with them they were added randomly throughout the month.

The bonus words, which can be used in place of any other word in the month, are: Birthday, Anniversary, Taurus, Gemini (star signs), Emerald (birthstone) Lily of the Valley and Hawthorn (birth flower).

And here is the list:
1 Tea cup
2 Walk
3 Lipstick
4 Star wars
5 Treasure
6 Baby
7 Bench
8 Mother
9 Blood
10 Blue
11 Family
12 Color
13 Crossbones
14 Fun
15 Homemade
16 Marauding
17 Pastel
18 Pillaging
19 Pirate
20 Rum
21 Rumbustification
22 Sailing
23 Skullduggery
24 Wenches
25 Canoe
26 Twilight zone
27 Skull
28 Wood
29 Camping
30 Memorial Day
31 Goose

April 30th, 2016
Thank you, Debra. I took a rest, mostly anyway, from words this month so will start up again for May as I can see a few useful words already.
April 30th, 2016
A really fun list for this month. Thanks for putting it all together!
May 1st, 2016
A great list Debra although some fun words will need a little brain power haha. Thank you once again.
May 1st, 2016
Thanks, Debra.
May 1st, 2016
Big pirate theme this month ☺
May 1st, 2016
Super! I enjoyed April words and managed to do the majority of them - although I found that I did them in splurges. Will try to do them on a daily basis this month.
May 1st, 2016
Thanks so much.. I'm new and just found this. I think that it will be great fun and push me to photograph items I never think about.
May 1st, 2016
These list really give me some inspiration especially when I'm stuck for new ideas! Thank you for putting it together again!
May 1st, 2016
I'm okay with rumbustification....I have rumbustios grandchildren, but I might have a problem with some of the other piratical stuff....we shall see.
Thanks for this
May 2nd, 2016
This looks fun! I'll have to give it a shot.
May 2nd, 2016
Some really fun words in here and I agree about rumbustification! Thanks as always, Debra
May 2nd, 2016
@quietpurplehaze @linnypinny @wendyfrost @skstein @jld29 @farmreporter @stefneyhart @ingrid01 @lellie @claycameras @dibzgreasley You are all welcome. I can't believe that I already missed "Tea cup" and I was so looking forward to it. We will see how much time I have tonight, I just might make that one up. I fail miserably at being your leader, here.
May 2nd, 2016
@debrac I think you were the one to say that it doesn't have to be done on the day assigned to it! We all have busy lives to lead - I need to do tea cup as well as walk but will perservere.
So - have fun with it (isn't that what it's all about?)
May 2nd, 2016
As every good pirate knows..... a rumbustification is a grand piratical celebration involving, singin', drinkin', carousin' an' fornicatin' into the early hours of the morning................... An' them's as dies 'll be the lucky ones.

Some of you will have heard of the great Cornish rumbustification of 1741 in Mevagissey. The hangovers from that night were so terrible that they were passed on down several generations and some people in Mevagissey are still suffering from them to this very day. :)

I hope that helps clarify the matter for everyone.
May 2nd, 2016
@jld29 I wonder where that came from. :)
May 3rd, 2016
@swillinbillyflynn Thanks for the clarification. That might explain my migraines, though, I don't know that I have any ancestors from Mevagissey. At least I know what I am aiming for photo wise.
May 3rd, 2016
@swillinbillyflynn Thanks for the clarification ☺
May 3rd, 2016
Thank you Deb. Will try and get some photos this month.,
I thought it was Halloween....LOL.. This will be a challenge for me. Great words.
May 3rd, 2016
Thank you for doing this, Debra.
Write a Reply